Jesus(pbuh) according to the bible.

The Bible says that Jesus was a sinner. Compare the two verses below:

John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins. (Mark 1:4)
Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John. (Matthew 3:13)

As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. (Matthew 3:16)

Since Jesus was baptized, this means he was a sinner!

-Jesus was a murderer

And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works. (Revelations 2:23)

-Jesus was a hater

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. (Luke 14:26)

–Jesus did not bring peace

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. (Matthew 10:34)

-Jesus Taught the Death Penalty

"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned (John 15:1-6)

-Jesus said everyone will go to Hell

Everyone will be salted with fire. (Mark 9:49)

holy Qur’an-3:78. There is among them a section who distort the Book with their tongues: (As they read) you would think it is a part of the Book, but it is no part of the Book; and they say, “That is from Allah,” but it is not from Allah. It is they who tell a lie against Allah, and (well) they know it!

the question , why the christianbelive in Jesus as their lord while they said these things about him. :nerd:

Clearly, you do not understand the meaning of the texts of the Bible. Why do you even bother to post such nonsensical rants?
You don’t know the first thing about what you are talking about.
Why don’t you get a good COMMENTARY on the New Testament
before you keep posting these idiotic posts? You can order the HAYDOCK Bible commentary online, Old and New Testaments, for under $100. It’s a good investment and will help you to quit making a fool out of yourself on these forums.

God bless,
Jaypeeto3

[quote=Ishmael’s child]The Bible says that Jesus was a sinner. Compare the two verses below:

John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins. (Mark 1:4)
Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John. (Matthew 3:13)

-Jesus was a murderer

And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works. (Revelations 2:23)

-Jesus was a hater

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. (Luke 14:26)

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. (Matthew 10:34)

"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned (John 15:1-6)

holy Qur’an-3:78. There is among them a section who distort the Book with their tongues: (As they read) you would think it is a part of the Book, but it is no part of the Book; and they say, “That is from Allah,” but it is not from Allah. It is they who tell a lie against Allah, and (well) they know it!

the question , why the christianbelive in Jesus as their lord while they said these things about him. :nerd:
[/quote]

[quote=Jaypeeto3]Clearly, you do not understand the meaning of the texts of the Bible. Why do you even bother to post such nonsensical rants?
before you keep posting these idiotic posts? You can order the HAYDOCK Bible commentary online, Old and New Testaments, for under $100. It’s a good investment and will help you to quit making a fool out of yourself on these forums.

God bless,
Jaypeeto3
[/quote]

hummm , I think estesbob’sanswer is more logic :smiley:

dont distort the Book with your tongue :slight_smile:

Holy Qur’an 3:84. Say: “We believe in Allah, and in what has been revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham, Isma’il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and in (the Books) given to Moses, Jesus, and the prophets, from their Lord: We make no distinction between one and another among them, and to Allah do we bow our will (in Islam).”

[quote=Ishmael’s child]hummm , I think estesbob’sanswer is more logic :smiley:

Holy Qur’an 3:84. Say: “We believe in Allah, and in what has been revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham, Isma’il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and in (the Books) given to Moses, Jesus, and the prophets, from their Lord: We make no distinction between one and another among them, and to Allah do we bow our will (in Islam).”
[/quote]

If you don’t make distinctions between the prophets then WHY don’t you believe what Jesus’ most faithful (even to martyrdom) followers were saying about him for SIX HUNDRED YEARS before Mohammed came along, as recorded by them in the New Testament? That is, in the plain words of Thomas, ‘My Lord AND MY GOD!’

[quote=Ishmael’s child]The Bible says that Jesus was a sinner. Compare the two verses below:

-Jesus was a murderer

-Jesus was a hater

[/quote]

To be baptized doesn’t mean He was a sinner.

Killer? Please, read the whole paragraph, she was a harlet and false prophet leading people astray.

Hater? He’s saying to be His desciple one must be detached from the bonds of Earth and only focus on those of Heaven.

Peace? Sword of truth and light, not necessarilly of war or anything, to fight evil and temptation.

Well I support the death penalty, because it is in the OT.

Everybody goes to Hell? Read verse 50 right after, salt is good, bad to loose your saltiness. Couldn’t tell you what the salt of fire is, but it doesn’t mean damnation.

The Qur’an says a section, like a denomination, of the people of the book. Thus it doesn’t say Christianity, but a sect of Christianity, right, so that could be Anglican, Baptist, or Lutheran, something along those lines.

In the Qur’an Muhammed did things that if excerpts were taken out and not the whole thing, then they would sound horrid. Allah has had people killed and punished for things as well in the Qur’an. I anwered your question in the above, as the Bible doesn’t say any of hat, plus you didn’t put the parts were He talks about the good and salvation, just manipulated parts to ascrew the message to sound negative, luckily I had my Bible handy and could read the whole passages.

[quote=Jaypeeto3]Clearly, you do not understand the meaning of the texts of the Bible. Why do you even bother to post such nonsensical rants?

God bless,
Jaypeeto3
[/quote]

Uncalld for my friend! :frowning:
Your tone is very unfriendly and unwarrented. Someone just posted a simple comparison and question, no sarcasm or rude “fool” commentary necessary.

Hi Ismael’s Child, Does your religion not teach that Jesus was a prophet? In one instant you give show him your respect with (PBUH) then you go on to disrepect him and show your ignorance of scripture!

Your disrepect for our beliefs and hatred of Jesus has shown through and we can now see what Islam is for you.

I for one will not listen to more of your drivel and have decided to switch you on to ignore for all of your posts are filled with lies and hatred.

If you have come here to convert us unbelievers you can go home with your tail between your legs because you have uterally failed.

Peace :thumbsup:

[quote=prodigal-sun]Hi Ismael’s Child, Does your religion not teach that Jesus was a prophet? In one instant you give show him your respect with (PBUH) then you go on to disrepect him and show your ignorance of scripture!

Your disrepect for our beliefs and hatred of Jesus has shown through and we can now see what Islam is for you.

I for one will not listen to more of your drivel and have decided to switch you on to ignore for all of your posts are filled with lies and hatred.

If you have come here to convert us unbelievers you can go home with your tail between your legs because you have uterally failed.

Peace :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Again uncalld for. Were is the Christian spirit? Dialogue and mutual respect? Jesus is not hated by Islam, He is still a high prophet according to them.

[quote=Ishmael’s child]hummm , I think estesbob’sanswer is more logic :smiley:

[/quote]

The Koran doesn’t make a distinction between the revelations of Jews and Christians and muslims don’t make a distinction. Yet the Jews and Christians have distinct revelation.

Is there some logic I am missing here.

If I was a moderator, you’d be taking time out by now, but I’m not, suffice to say if we Catholic’s or other Christians said those things about Islam, then we probably would, bye ! your insults don’t even deserve an answer.

Jesus was the sinless Son of God. But I know Muhammed was a sinner. I will be happy to relate some of his sins if you are interested. We could start with murder…

[quote=BryPGuy89]Again uncalld for. Were is the Christian spirit? Dialogue and mutual respect? Jesus is not hated by Islam, He is still a high prophet according to them.
[/quote]

The OP called Jesus a sinner-how did you expect people to react?

I also have serious questions about the supposed repsect for Jesus by Muslims.I know that is there stated doctrine HOWEVER Jesus said he was the Son of God. So it all he was was a prophet he musyt have been lying. So why would Muslims have great respect for a man who was either delusional or a liar?I have never gotten an adequate explanation for this.

Ishmael’schild, I believe you are misinterpreting the scripture. I will pray for you and hope you will find the truth.

2 Peter 3:16
He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

2 Peter 3:16
As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

http://www.rofl.name/owned/owned_cat_pilsner.jpg

rofl.name/owned/owned_cat_pilsner.jpg

[quote=Daniel Marsh]2 Peter 3:16
He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.
[/quote]

Peter is specifically talking about Paul’s epistles in the verse you quoted here, but seeing how Muslims love to bash Paul in any way they can I guess that would just apply to them even more.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.