Jesus statue untouched

Hello all,
The following is a paste from the New Orleans Times Picayune
nola.com/newslogs/breakingtp/index.ssf?/mtlogs/nola_Times-Picayune/archives/2005_08.html#074953yne
Jesus statue untouched

Monday, 8:05 p.m.

At St. Louis Cathedral in the French Quarter, two large trees were uprooted in the courtyard behind the church. Branches were strewn all over the place.

But a statue of Jesus, arms outstretched, stood unscathed and became the subject of great excitement among visitors.

Do y’all remember the story of the Catholic mass that was held at a shrine to St. Joseph on the day the tsunami hit? The priest had moved the mass there. It was a little more inland. The mass went longer because he blessed every family that day. Had he not taken a notion to move the mass to the shrine, and had it not run longer because he blessed every family, 1500 Catholic christians would have died in the tsunami. The tsunami hit during mass. Every one who missed mass that day got caught in the wave. Their usual church was destroyed. This brings chills to me.

Peace,
Sheri

Like usual, God is trying to show people of his love and power during great disaster. But people still don’t believe Him. It’s just a coincidence.

I know. I mentioned the statue to a co-worker, and he very matter of factly explained to me that it was because those “things” are made of concrete and are installed with a good foundation. He totally missed the point that trees were falling on everything else. He also missed the point that the trees themselves were fairly well rooted, but came up nonetheless. He is anti catholic, so I didn’t even go into the story about the tsunami.

Sheri

[quote=sherilo]I know. I mentioned the statue to a co-worker, and he very matter of factly explained to me that it was because those “things” are made of concrete and are installed with a good foundation. He totally missed the point that trees were falling on everything else. He also missed the point that the trees themselves were fairly well rooted, but came up nonetheless. He is anti catholic, so I didn’t even go into the story about the tsunami.

Sheri
[/quote]

It’s disheartening to us when we share something like this with a nonbeliever and they dismiss it out of hand. But hopefully, a seed has been planted along with the many others you have sown in his heart and mind simply by being a constant witness to the love of God. Now that is something he can’t just dismiss. :wink:

The same thing happened across the street from the WTC buildings. That church, though, I think is Episcopalian. I’ve been there. When I was there, there was still banners and such from/for rememberance. This is the church that took care of the firemen & such throughout the ordeal.

Can anyone post the picture?

I went searching around for a picture of the statue. I did not find a still, but I found a video that mentions and pictures it. Below is the link (I think). Let me know if if works. Choose the “New Orleans a Mess” video.

wdsu.com/video/4913799/detail.html

Sheri

Hardness of heart, we have to pray for them and waiting.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.