Jesus to St. Faustina: "Tell sinful souls

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

It has been awhile since I posted something from St. Faustina’s Diary, but today, I want to post this entry :

1. Today I heard a voice in my soul: Oh, if sinners knew My mercy, they would not perish in such great numbers. Tell sinful souls not to be afraid to approach Me; speak to them of My great mercy.

I typed the words in bold that St. Faustina heard, for that is the way they are printed in her Diary. In the Preface of the book, it was explained that Our Lord’s words to St. Faustina were printed in bold type for emphasis, while Our Lady’s words were set in italics.

I wondered as I read this entry if Jesus spoke of “great numbers” who would perish IF they did not approach Him and know His Mercy – so that St. Faustina and all of us who read her Diary might know His Mercy in order to share His Mercy with souls who were in great need of Him. It was not to be heard as if great numbers had already perished but rather to help us to work with Jesus in showing them His Mercy, so none might perish.

It reminded me of the Prayer taught to the children at Fatima, “O my Jesus pardon us and save us from the fires of hell. Draw all souls to heaven, especially those in most need of God’s Mercy”.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.