"Jesus: Uncovering the Life, Teachings, and Relevance of a Religious Revolutionary" by Marcus Borg

Does anyone know much about this book? I know that Marcus Borg is a very liberal theologian but I was just wondering if what he talks about is accurate in the slightest or not? :shrug::confused: I ask because a Polish friend of mine is reading this book.

Marcus Borg is a member of “The Jesus Seminar” which purports to be seeking “the historical Jesus.” Unfortunately, their method is to come up with a version of “Jesus” that they like, and then cast doubt on those portions of the New Testament that don’t happen to fit their preconceived idea.

Like all heresies, it contains some things that are true, and some things that are false. :frowning:

Recommend to your friend that if he wants to know the real Jesus, he should read the New Testament and the Catechism of the Catholic Church. :thumbsup:

Get him “Jesus of Nazareth” by Pope Benedict XVI. It dives into the real Jesus :slight_smile:

That’s a brilliant idea. And you can say, “Since I know you are keeping an open mind on this issue, I am sure you will enjoy reading about another point of view.” :slight_smile:

Hmmm, good idea Nick! Thanks! :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.