Jesus' words to souls who feel unworthy of Confession

“Why do you torment yourself? Do what is in your power, and I will supply for what is wanting. I require nothing so much in the sacraments as a contrite and humble heart, which, with a sincere will no more to offend Me, accuses itself without disguise. I then pardon without delay, and thereupon follows a perfect amendment.”

• Our Lord to Saint Margaret Mary

"No soul shall be justified unless it turns with confidence to My Mercy …
[Let] the greatest sinners place their trust in My Mercy.
They have the right before others to confidence in the abyss of My Mercy …
Graces are drawn from the fount [Confession] of My Mercy with one vessel only, and that is trust. The more a soul trusts, the more it will receive … I make Myself dependent upon your trust; if your trust will be great, then My generosity

will know no limits … Sins of distrust wound Me most painfully."

(Our Lord to Saint Faustina)

“When you go to Confession, know this, that I Myself am waiting for you in the confessional; I am only hidden by the priest, but I Myself act in the soul.
Here the misery of the soul meets the God of Mercy.
Tell souls that from this fount of mercy souls draw graces solely with the vessel of trust. If their trust is great there is no limit to My generosity.”

(Our Lord to Saint Faustina)

Come to me all you that labor and are burdened, and I will refresh you. Take up my yoke upon you, and learn of me, because I am meek, and humble of heart: And you shall find rest to your souls. For my yoke is sweet and my burden light.

(Matthew 11:28-30)

And Jesus answering, said to them: They that are whole need not the physician: but they that are sick. I came not to call the just, but sinners to penance.

(Luke 5:31-32)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.