Jesus's Diet

What did Jesus exactly eat? I heard somewhere that there’s a trending “Jesus diet” going around. I’m guessing it’s very similar to the Mediterranean diet. I’m not overweight, but I think it would be spiritually rejuvenating to eat the same foods as Christ.

Well, we know that he ate fish, and mutton at least once.

Not sure, otherwise?

Just as a matter of sheer (non-judgemental) curiosity: Why do you think eating the same foods as Christ would be spiritually rejuvenating?

I think it would bring me closer to him in a sense. I mean as Christians we are called to be like Christ. I guess it would be fun, and a healthy shift in my life.

I see your point, I have a Jewish friend who won’t eat certain foods because it makes him feel closer to God. I think that’s very nice.

I always thought He made fish sandwiches for the multitudes that time, and I imagined the fish was cooked on a rock, maybe he used some herbs for seasoning.

I think look to what grew or was raised in Israel at the time. We hear of olives of course, honey, lamb and fish fish fish! When I was in Israel we went to a restaurant right on the edge of the Sea of Galilee that served “Jesus fish” apparently a type of fish that has been native to the area forever. They served with dates and olives and some kind of a flat bread.

I suspect the diet is low on greens though.

BTW the Israelis truly make the desert bloom. We drove past acres and acres of fruit trees, (LOTS of banana trees!) palm trees and nut trees.

Lisa

I have read somewhere that the average person in Biblical times did not have a very nourishing diet by current standards.Biblical diet ‘unhealthy’ - Phys.org - Science News, Technology …
phys.org/news151078460.html… the evidence is that the diet in biblical times was not very healthy. … which were relatively frequent - it provided the necessary calories, …

I have a “The what would Jesus eat cook book.” I haven’t tried any of the recipes yet, but I think it gives an idea of some of what he would eat. Well, to some degree. I’m not sure we would be able to replicate his diet all that well.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.