Jesus's New covenant

Hi, I have several questions that I would like to ask:

Who are the people of Jesus’ New Covenant? Are they the rulers of God’s kingdom in heaven? Are they the people here on earth?
( after the second coming that is)

Is heaven going to be a kingdom of kings and priests? What of the people left on earth? Will there be a separate heaven and earth like there is now?

The bible talks about a new heaven and a new earth after the second coming. Who are the rulers in heaven?

I am totally confused about this new heavens and new earth and who will be where and who will be ruling.

Rev. 21:3 JB Then I heard a loud voice call from the throne. You see this city? Here God lives among men. He will make his home among them: they shall be his people, and he will be their God: his name is God with them.

Does this mean that God is with us spiritually or will Jesus be physically walking among us here on earth. ( again, after the second coming)

Any enlightenment will be much appreciated.
Thanks

The sign of the New Covenant is Christian Baptism (which replaced the old sign, circumcision). Thus, all Baptized Christians are people of the New Covenant.

Is heaven going to be a kingdom of kings and priests? What of the people left on earth? Will there be a separate heaven and earth like there is now?

The bible talks about a new heaven and a new earth after the second coming. Who are the rulers in heaven?

I am totally confused about this new heavens and new earth and who will be where and who will be ruling.

Rev. 21:3 JB Then I heard a loud voice call from the throne. You see this city? Here God lives among men. He will make his home among them: they shall be his people, and he will be their God: his name is God with them.

Does this mean that God is with us spiritually or will Jesus be physically walking among us here on earth. ( again, after the second coming)

Any enlightenment will be much appreciated.
Thanks

The sign of the New Covenant is Christian Baptism (which replaced the old sign, circumcision). Thus, all Baptized Christians are people of the New Covenant. That includes us.

Is heaven going to be a kingdom of kings and priests?

No, that is for us here on earth:

you will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation. [Exodus 6:6]

Nobody in heaven will act as a priest, because the role of a priest is to offer sacrifice, which is not necessary in heaven.

What of the people left on earth? Will there be a separate heaven and earth like there is now?

The earth will eventually cease to exist, and everyone on it will either be in heaven or in hell.

Jesus.

The idea of an earthly physical presence of Jesus after the second coming is mainly advocated by protestants. While it does not contradict Catholic teaching, this is not very significant since there IS no Catholic teaching about this stuff.

The sum-total of official Church teaching about the particulars of the end-times is (as far as I can tell) a single statement by a minor Church Office about a particular type of pre-millenniumism. That’s it.

Given the fixation of protestants on the end-times, people suppose the Church must have taught about it as well. If She has, I have been unable to discover this teaching.

Thanks
What about from the KJ Rev 21:1
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

I thought that the earth would be transformed. That there would be a heaven and earth. Am I understanding you when you say that Jesus will be ruling the earth and earth will be like heaven but physically there will still be land and sky?

Sorry to be so dense.

This is mainly an idea set forth by the Jehovah’s Witness church. I don’t know of anybody else who believes there will be an eternal recreation of the earth.

Sorry to be so dense.

You’re not being dense - you don’t understand this prophecy. Nobody does. And the Church hasn’t given us anything to go on.

This is nothing new. The Jews had all sorts of prophecy about Jesus, and they totally missed it. I think prophecy is something we really can’t understand until AFTER it happens.

And then there will be a new Heaven and a new earth, we will be resurrected from the dead, will receive our glorified bodies and God will dwell with us on earth just as he did with Adam and Eve in the Garden.

-Tim-

Thank you both.
The topic comes up sometimes and I can only answer with what I think which is probably wrong.

I wish the Church would give us something to go by.

The Church is very responsible on such matters, not wanting to tread where she has no right. If she doesn’t know something then God’s to “blame”, so to speak. :slight_smile: In any case the Church is usually described as taking an “amillenial” stance, meaning she does not believe in a literal, physical thousand year reign of Christ on earth but rather a time of persecution for the Church in the end times, then Christ’s return which ushers in eternity, heaven or hell. A “new earth” is a picture of that state, the state of heaven where “the wolf will live with the lamb” (Is 11) and every tear shall be wiped away (Rev 21). These are symbolic of spiritual realities, of which we can’t fully grasp or imagine at this point. Reference 1 Cor 2:9

The People of the New Covenant are The Communion of Saints.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.