** Jet crash in Bahamas kills 9; prominent pastor Myles Munroe among the dead **
(CNN) – A jet crashed Sunday near Freeport, on the island of Grand Bahama, killing all nine people on board, authorities said.
Myles Munroe was the senior pastor of Bahamas Faith Ministries International Fellowship, that group’s website says. Ruth served as co-pastor.
The two were friends of Andrew Young, former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, who was also scheduled to arrive in Freeport.
“Ambassador Young expresses his deep sadness over the tragic death of his friends Dr. Myles and Mrs. Ruth Munroe. He offers condolences to the Munroe family and the families of the other souls who lost their lives as a result of this shocking plane crash,” the Andrew Young Foundation said in a statement.
The Ministry’s website, Mr. Munroe was a Pentecostal Preacher world-renown from the Bahamas: bfmmm.com/page.aspx?page_id=25
Even if I don’t know too much about this Pastor, it seems he was rather popular, more so with those of African heritage.
Here, even Forbes magazine devotes an article to him: forbes.com/sites/faraigundan/2014/11/10/dr-myles-munroe-on-leadership-vision-purpose-and-maxizing-your-potential/
- “The greatest tragedy in life is not death, but a life without a purpose.”
- “I exist to transform followers into leaders. My philosophy is, trapped in every follower is a leader. My belief is, if that person is placed in the right environment, the leader will manifest herself or himself.”
- “Every human heart cries and yearns for the same thing: a chance to fulfill his or her own dreams and desires. Even the poorest man has a dream.”
- “Paradoxically, freedom requires the need to impose control on self, require more responsibility than slavery, and the decision to accept a destiny of freedom, recognizing the process and discipline that personal and political freedom require.”
- “The greatness of a man is measured by the way he treats the little man. Compassion for the weak is a sign of greatness.”
- “People generally fall into one of three groups: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen, and the overwhelming majority who have no notion of what happens. Every person is either a creator of fact or a creature of circumstance. He either puts color into his environment, or, like a chameleon, takes color from his environment.”
And a Nigerian news agency reports as well:
** Renowned televangelist, Myles Munroe, wife, daughter die in plane crash **- See more at: vanguardngr.com/2014/11/renowned-televangelist-myles-munroe-wife-daughter-die-plane-crash/#sthash.Oz1ERCZv.dpuf