Jet crash in Bahamas kills 9; prominent pastor Myles Munroe among the dead - CNN

** Jet crash in Bahamas kills 9; prominent pastor Myles Munroe among the dead **

(CNN) – A jet crashed Sunday near Freeport, on the island of Grand Bahama, killing all nine people on board, authorities said.

Myles Munroe was the senior pastor of Bahamas Faith Ministries International Fellowship, that group’s website says. Ruth served as co-pastor.

The two were friends of Andrew Young, former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, who was also scheduled to arrive in Freeport.

“Ambassador Young expresses his deep sadness over the tragic death of his friends Dr. Myles and Mrs. Ruth Munroe. He offers condolences to the Munroe family and the families of the other souls who lost their lives as a result of this shocking plane crash,” the Andrew Young Foundation said in a statement.

cnn.com/2014/11/10/world/americas/bahamas-plane-crash/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

The Ministry’s website, Mr. Munroe was a Pentecostal Preacher world-renown from the Bahamas: bfmmm.com/page.aspx?page_id=25

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myles_Munroe

Even if I don’t know too much about this Pastor, it seems he was rather popular, more so with those of African heritage.

Here, even Forbes magazine devotes an article to him: forbes.com/sites/faraigundan/2014/11/10/dr-myles-munroe-on-leadership-vision-purpose-and-maxizing-your-potential/

Excerpt: quotes.

1. “The greatest tragedy in life is not death, but a life without a purpose.”
  1. “I exist to transform followers into leaders. My philosophy is, trapped in every follower is a leader. My belief is, if that person is placed in the right environment, the leader will manifest herself or himself.”
  1. “Every human heart cries and yearns for the same thing: a chance to fulfill his or her own dreams and desires. Even the poorest man has a dream.”
  1. “Paradoxically, freedom requires the need to impose control on self, require more responsibility than slavery, and the decision to accept a destiny of freedom, recognizing the process and discipline that personal and political freedom require.”
  1. “The greatness of a man is measured by the way he treats the little man. Compassion for the weak is a sign of greatness.”
  1. “People generally fall into one of three groups: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen, and the overwhelming majority who have no notion of what happens. Every person is either a creator of fact or a creature of circumstance. He either puts color into his environment, or, like a chameleon, takes color from his environment.”

And a Nigerian news agency reports as well:

** Renowned televangelist, Myles Munroe, wife, daughter die in plane crash **- See more at: vanguardngr.com/2014/11/renowned-televangelist-myles-munroe-wife-daughter-die-plane-crash/#sthash.Oz1ERCZv.dpuf

Praying for the repose of the souls of all who died.

Never heard of him but prayers ascending for the souls of those lost. :gopray:

My sympathy to the families and friends of all on the plane. Their lives will be honored in heaven, Christ welcomes them in his love. Keep them safe in a joyful memory and our hearts will never despair.

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them

I’m not really familiar with him either but any time someone receives an OBE, Officer of the British Empire as he did indicates he received the utmost recognition for his achievements.

From the original article in post #1.

A jet crashed Sunday near Freeport, on the island of Grand Bahama, killing all nine people on board, authorities said.

The aircraft hit a (construction) crane at the Freeport Ship Yard and crashed into a nearby “junk site,” police said.

cnn.com/2014/11/10/world/americas/bahamas-plane-crash/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

I left this out in post #1 but it seems to be an important detail, imagine, you are on your way to landing and a construction crane is in your way, I’m not even sure if one would see that at night. Very tragic. Perhaps something such as this would never happen in more developed nations like the USA, UK, etc.

This is also interesting from wikipedia:

Joseph Gaskins, former lecturer at the College of the Bahamas, called his position on homosexuality and civil rights hypocritical in light of Munroe’s then-recent visit with polygamist South African President Jacob Zuma.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myles_Munroe

This is an interesting point, indeed, I read the entry for the South African President Jacob Zuma and yes, he has multiple wives, different culture surely is South Africa but still makes you think.

closed #7

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.