Jewish dance group stoned in Hanover, Germany

:eek:

German police are investigating the stoning of a Jewish dance group trying to perform on the street in the city of Hanover.

Youths reportedly shouted "Juden Raus" (Jews Out) as they attacked the dancers of the Chaverim ("Friends" in Hebrew) dance troupe last weekend.

Police said several Muslim immigrant youths were among the attackers and two youths were being questioned.

"What happened is just so awful. The teenagers started throwing stones the moment our dance group was announced, even before they started dancing."

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/europe/10406344.stm

The scariest thing is that the rising anti-Semitism is among the young, unlike in Poland, where it seems primarily to be among the older generations and is dying off with them.

I read your link twice.
I didn't see Poland anywhere in the story.

The Nazi movement was from Germany. Many Catholic Poles died hiding/protecting Jewish people. They were also sent to the gas chambers when they got caught.

[quote="WatchingMedia, post:2, topic:203178"]
I read your link twice.
I didn't see Poland anywhere in the story.

The Nazi movement was from Germany. Many Catholic Poles died hiding/protecting Jewish people. They were also sent to the gas chambers when they got caught.

[/quote]

Yes, that is true. But many Poles were also anti-Semites and aided the Nazis, too.

We've discussed Polish anti-Semitism here before. The largest Catholic broadcasting agency in Poland, Radio Maryja, has been notorious for its anti-Semitic views.
jpost.com/Home/Article.aspx?id=71134

Deja vu all over again.

The progressives of Europe may want to decide if they would rather stand with the Muslims and the far right of Europe, or with the Jews. Neutrality is no longer an option.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.