Jewish Ezra Levant Slams Anti-Christian Bigotry in Canadian Parliament

Jewish Ezra Levant Slams Anti-Christian Bigotry in Canadian Parliame

By Thaddeus M. Baklinski

OTTAWA, May 31, 2010 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Conservative columnist Ezra Levant , who is Jewish, has slammed a growing trend of overt anti-Christian bigotry expressed by some elected members of Canada's parliament.

Following a lunch arranged last week by Conservative Member of Parliament for Regina-Qu'Appelle Andrew Scheer for some of his colleagues to meet Msgr. Frederick Dolan, vicar of the Catholic lay organization Opus Dei in Canada, some MPs publicly expressed objections to a representative of a Catholic group meeting with other MPs in the Parliamentary restaurant.

Levant focused on Pat Martin, the NDP MP for Winnipeg Centre, who told reporters last week that members of Opus Dei "give me the creeps." In his blog Levant said that "there is a new aggression" in the comments of politicians "who don't like Christians" and that Martin "didn't just call conservative Catholics creepy, he expressed his objection that any MP would invite such people to soil the sacred precincts of Parliament Hill."

lifesitenews.com/ldn/2010/may/10053104.html

I wish there were Catholic bishops speaking out too.
I cannot recall any Catholic voices (other than laymen) in recent history standing up like this.

Mr. Levant has been doing Canada a great service -- starting with his troubles with the human rights 'tribunals'.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.