Jewish view of the Holy Spirit

I am looking for a Jewish view of the Holy Spirit, or Spirit of God, or Breath of God.
Can you define this atribute of God?

This Question is only to get a better understanding of the Jewish faith.

Thank you to all that respond.

I’m not sure I understand your question, but that won’t stop me from answering.

We believe that God is completely different from anything that exists (i.e., all that He created). He is totally unknowable. But we can understand, to one degree or another, His relationship with His Creation. This is done through describing God’s “attirbutes in action” (what He does). And while we don’t know what God is, we can say what He isn’t (negative attributes).

As you may know, we believe in God’s perfect unity. “God is one.” All of monotheism for Jews is an attempt to understand what this means. Ultimately, monotheism as it is understood has to be viewed as a fiction, IMO, since it imposes an artificial (but necessary) boundary between man and God. If God is one, there can be no real boundaries between God and anything.

As I stated earlier, God is different from everything that He created. Since God created matter, he is not matter (one of the arguments against God taking human form).

Jewish people definitely believe in the spirit of the Lord.

I think as a Christian, that where we and the Jewish people would disagree is that we believe that the spirit of the Lord
is also intelligent and possesses the attribute of will.

Love,
Jaypeeto4
+JMJ+

Here’s what the Jewish Encyclopedia has to say about it, if that helps (at least until Valke or one of the other Jews on the boards has a chance to answer)

jewishencyclopedia.com/view.jsp?artid=865&letter=H&search=holy%20spirit

Hi
Holy Spirit, in my view, is not an attribute of God. It is a separate creation of GodAllahYHWH, not a part of GodAllahYHWH.Please don’t mind.
Thanks
I am an Ahmadi – a peaceful faith in Islam bridging gaps between faiths/denominations/religions/agnostics
The West, as I understand, due to certain disinformation has seen only MullahIslam or MullahShariah; the true face of Muhammad’sIslam and PromisedMessiahImamMahdi’sIslam is yet hidden from their eyes, which is truly speaking only peaceful.
GodAllahYHWH is All-Knowing; one should invariably give Claim and Reason on all important issues from one’s Revealed Book; one shouldn’t try putting one’s own words into God’s mouth.

That is a lie and is blasphemous!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.