Jews leave Swedish city after sharp rise in anti-Semitic hate crimes

In 2009, a chapel serving the city’s 700-strong Jewish community was set ablaze. Jewish cemeteries were repeatedly desecrated, worshippers were abused on their way home from prayer, and “Hitler” was mockingly chanted in the streets by masked men.

“I never thought I would see this hatred again in my lifetime, not in Sweden anyway,” Mrs Popinski told The Sunday Telegraph.

“This new hatred comes from Muslim immigrants. The Jewish people are afraid now.”

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/sweden/7278532/Jews-leave-Swedish-city-after-sharp-rise-in-anti-Semitic-hate-crimes.html

Friends in the Netherlands, who are not Jews, have told us they would come to the US because Holland has changed so much with the influx of Muslims. It is predicted that the whole of Europe will become Muslim. Considering that they have larger families, one can see how this will happen. All things considered, might be a good idea if the US changed the quota on Muslims coming into our country.

[quote="aicirt, post:2, topic:187897"]
It is predicted that the whole of Europe will become Muslim.

[/quote]

And next July we collide with Mars.

Before blaming everything on the Muslims, it seems the mayor not only failed to take action but made things worse.

Israel national News:

Sieradzki says that the attitudes of Malmö politicians, especially Social Democrat city council chair Ilmar Reepalu, have allowed anti-Semitism to fester. “He’s demonstrated extreme ignorance when it comes to our problems,” Sieradzki explained. “It’s shameful and regrettable that such a powerful politician could be so ignorant about the threats we face.
“If you read between the lines, he seems to be suggesting that the violence directed toward us is our own fault simply because we didn’t speak out against Israel. We’re a non-political, cultural and religious organization, and there are all kinds of Jews in Malmö.”

Also, I rather suspect that Swedes, unhappy with the economy and influx of immigrants were behind many (most?) of the acts committed. Much easier to go after the Jews than the actual Muslim immigrants themselves, no?

The Muslim faith is very honorable and the actions of a few should not be attributed to an entire group of people.

[quote="Kaninchen, post:3, topic:187897"]
And next July we collide with Mars.

[/quote]

Consider that Muslims are having children while many Europeans average about 1.5 children per family. They're not even replacing themselves. In Holland, Muslims get their news from Arab counties transmitted over satellite dishes. You can tell you're in a Muslim area by the abundance of satellite dishes. There is not a very strong desire to assimilate into the Dutch culture. In many instance, Muslims choose to change the culture of the host country.

The Nigerian father of the Christmas bomber was honorable. He tried to get us to listen.

I could extend that accolade to other Muslims if there were those who stood up against all the terrorists who have been inflicting horrors on unsuspecting civilians for the last 40 years…I’m thinking of the Munich Olympic Massacre of 1972 as the starting point.

[quote="aicirt, post:6, topic:187897"]
Consider that Muslims are having children while many Europeans average about 1.5 children per family. They're not even replacing themselves. In Holland, Muslims get their news from Arab counties transmitted over satellite dishes. You can tell you're in a Muslim area by the abundance of satellite dishes. There is not a very strong desire to assimilate into the Dutch culture. In many instance, Muslims choose to change the culture of the host country.

[/quote]

As I said on a similar thread, one interesting aspect of life on CAF is watching people who are vociferous skeptics when it comes to questions such as global warming being prepared to believe anything and everything when it comes to Muslims.

Are the Swedish Jews believing anything and everything when it comes to Muslims because they’re vociferous skeptics of global warming? Or because they just experienced hate crimes and, remembering what happened 60 yrs. ago in Europe, are ready to move lock,stock and barrel to Stockholm? Maybe as a fellow European Jew, you could guide them. I’m sure they’d value your insight.

Well then, as one who has little doubt about the reality of global warming (albeit largely because I dread having to educate myself on the matter, and just adopt the “smarter sounding” position), I take it that you’ll give me license to be more frivolous in my opinions about the “Muslim diaspora”?

While I’m not anticipating to find the Pyrenees to resemble Baluchistan any time in the next 10 years, I’d say that there’s little reason to doubt that Europe is going to continue to get “more Muslim” for quite a while to come (though ‘Muslim’ may not be the best way to describe it; Germany will get more Turkish, France more Maghrebish, and Britain more Pakistani-ish [that’s just a guess on my part]). People in and from most Muslim countries will continue to reproduce far faster than native Europeans, and the migration will only increase as the oil wells dry up and half the Muslim world finds itself without an economy.

Of course, Europeans (though there is no such thing as a European, in my opinion), as they become increasingly “acultural”, they lose the most potent motivations to reproduce and perpetuate their own cultures, ways of life, etc. Most people from Muslim countries still adhere to some sort of way of life, religion, etc. that they see as the right way, and are less malleable, I think, than Europeans. Just think, after the second war, it took to twenty years to effectively Americanize western Europe!

Has anyone on here read Bruce Thornton’s “Decline and Fall: Europe’s Slow-Motion Suicide”? I haven’t, but it seems interesting, and I’m planning too, as I have a masochistic fascination with the decline of such a magnificent civilization (from which I exclude America).

I think it must be admitted, though, that the decline of Europe has nothing to do with the Muslim immigrants. They’re just filling the vacuum. And, by the way, my guess is that much, even most of modern European antisemitism has something to do with the recent behavior of Israel. I’m also inclined to believe that it’s not quite as bad as the Haaretz or Jerusalem Post say it is.

On the other hand, it just could be that, no longer being manifestly destined for anything anymore, many Americans (Nostradamus being tainted with being fashionable in the hippie era) need something else and Oswald Spengler-esque fantasizing is just so, well, End of Empire-ish.

[quote="aicirt, post:9, topic:187897"]
Are the Swedish Jews believing anything and everything when it comes to Muslims because they're vociferous skeptics of global warming? Or because they just experienced hate crimes and, remembering what happened 60 yrs. ago in Europe, are ready to move lock,stock and barrel to Stockholm? Maybe as a fellow European Jew, you could guide them. I'm sure they'd value your insight.

[/quote]

The fact that people behave badly would be no excuse for me becoming a mirror image of them.

[quote="Kaninchen, post:8, topic:187897"]
As I said on a similar thread, one interesting aspect of life on CAF is watching people who are vociferous skeptics when it comes to questions such as global warming being prepared to believe anything and everything when it comes to Muslims.

[/quote]

Interesting since both involve falsified evidence. A true reading of the evidence shows no actual global warming trend but does show that Islam is inherently violent and xenophobic.

The last part of that response has a certain irony to it given the context.

[quote="Kaninchen, post:11, topic:187897"]
On the other hand, it just could be that, no longer being manifestly destined for anything anymore, many Americans (Nostradamus being tainted with being fashionable in the hippie era) need something else and Oswald Spengler-esque fantasizing is just so, well, End of Empire-ish.

[/quote]

I don't think many Americans read Spengler, though I have noticed an upsurge in the number of apocolyptic shows on the history channel, to say nothing of recent films. I wouldn't disagree with Spengler about the west no longer being a culture, but merely a civilization. And I'm sure many Americans eagerly anticipate the war between monetary wealth and brute force, as for some reason the don't realize that they're on the side of the former.

But while too many generations think they are the last one, a few have actually been right (or almost right). Could Americans soon be coming down with "Weimar syndrom"?

[quote="Dionysus, post:15, topic:187897"]
Could Americans soon be coming down with "Weimar syndrom"?

[/quote]

So - life is disappointing? Forget it!
We have no troubles here! Here life is beautiful...
The girls are beautiful...
Even the orchestra is beautiful!

Wir sagen
Willkommen, bienvenue, welcome
Im Cabaret, au Cabaret, to Cabaret!

Few Americans will settle for “50 marks”, for one less than 100 even.

But those of us from rust belt cities have no illusions that the world is coming to an end, and has been for a while. We have no cabarets, only abandoned steelmills.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.