Jill and Kevin's Wedding Entrance Video

I have seen this in several places (it was on O’Reilly last night), but not yet on CAF, so I thought I’d post the link to this very unconventional wedding procession. They are happy and it is a day to have a party in celebration of their wedding, but I have to wonder why they had their wedding in a church (not Catholic, obviously). Solemn and sacred are not a part of this wedding ceremony, so why hold it in a church? I think maybe I’m just getting old.:confused:

youtube.com/watch?v=4-94JhLEiN0

There’s a thread already here:

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=360367

it’s really not “news”, so it was posted in the water cooler area.

Ah, thank you, good point. I tend to forget about the other categories because I generally post in Politics and News, though I sometimes do get it right :D. Thanks for pointing out the other thread and sorry for the duplication. I’ll add my comment to the other thread.

Here, this article helps me feel a bit better about putting this in Secular News:

"Secrets behind wacky Web wedding aisle dance
Bride and groom tell how they created ceremony that’s now YouTube hit

Most couples wait until the reception before breaking out into the Funky Chicken on their wedding day, but Kevin Heinz and Jill Peterson figured, why wait to unleash their unbridled joy?"…

Entire article here: msnbc.msn.com/id/32122519/

My sentiments exactly…this should have been reserved for the reception afterward. Oh well…I hope they planned for all the days after their wedding as much as they planned for the entrance procession.

i saw this on AOL a few days ago. it is rather contagious to watch, but i also thought that it wasn’t proper for a church wedding. i am glad that they were so happy that they were getting married, but maybe they could have chosen a different location. i noticed the pastor was female so it was definitely one of the liberal churches where anything goes.
they looked like they were having fun and i am happy for the couple, but it was definitely unconventional for a church wedding.

for anyone who hasn’t watched it, you should.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.