Jim Akin, Sr., RIP [Akin]

jimmyakin.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341bfbfe53ef010536f9d277970b-320wi I’d like to thank Tim J for letting people know about the recent passing of my father.
This is obviously a difficult time, but I have a great deal of peace about the situation. God allowed me to do what I needed to do to care for my father’s spiritual and physical needs, and that is a source of enormous consolation, and for which I am enormously greatful to Our Lord.
I’ll be flying to Texas for the funeral, but I wanted to say thank you to all who have kept my father and my family in their thoughts and prayers–not just at this time but for the last couple of months, because my father is the close relative to whom I referred when I asked for prayers about a family situation back in December.
Thank you all!
As you can probably guess, that’s my dad in the picture on the left. As you may also be able to guess, that’s me he’s holding.
If I recognize the background correctly, this picture was taken on the family ranch in Deep East Texas, where I’ll be heading, and just a couple of miles from where Dad will be buried next to Mom.
But the picture is of other times–other ages.
Happy times.
Let’s treasure them always.
Next . . . a post on something completely different (by whoever of the three co-bloggers wants to post it!).

More…

bump

May the Perpetual Light shine upon him. May your family be at peace.

Prayers for the Akin family.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.