Jim Caviezel and Wife Respond to God’s Call, Adopt Two Children

ewtn.com/vnews/getstory.asp?number=88089

1-May-2008 – Catholic News Agency

Jim Caviezel and Wife Respond to God’s Call, Adopt Two Children
Hollywood, Apr 30, 2008 (CNA).- In an interview with “Christopher Closeup,” a radio show for the media apostolate The Christophers, Jim Caviezel described both the deep fear he felt when adopting two children with brain tumors, and the joy he and his wife have received from doing the will of Christ.

Caviezel, best known in Christian circles for his role as Jesus in Mel Gibson’s movie, “The Passion of the Christ”, has been committed to his Catholic and pro-life beliefs for a while. When he was challenged to prove his faith by adopting a disabled child, he and his wife, Kerri, traveled to China where they adopted a five-year old boy who was living in an orphanage.

I am glad to see he is adopting, when I get married I hope me and my wife will adopt a child too, yet what does it mean by “challenged to prove his faith”? Is he doing this just to prove something? As a publicity stunt? Is he adopting kids just for PR?

How lovely - God bless 'em all. :crossrc:

I don’t think ‘prove your faith’ means in regards to PR or anything negative - just means he’s challenging himself to put his money where his professed beliefs are.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.