Jinn

Is there any point of comparison to jinn in the Catholic faith? I don’t believe in them, but I’m just wondering.

At best, they are nonexistant figments of the imagination.

At worst. They could possibly be encounters with demons.

There are only Angels and Humans, no jinn.

Djinn are supposedly invisible creatures made of fire. They are all around us but we cannot see hear touch or smell them.:confused:

Unlike Angels who are always present and make their presence felt, Djinn are merely imaginary stories told by gullible people to gullible people with a thousand books supposedly supporting their existance.
How can anyone beleive in this? I really dont understand it.

Kind of broad there, you should point out, there are Angels and fallen angels, and humans. The Jinn are in the fallen angel ie. demon category.

No, there’s no equivalent that I’m aware of. In Christianity, there’s God, angels, bad angels (demons), and humans. There may be more beings, but revelation doesn’t inform us of them.
If my understanding of jinn is correct, they are “free agents”, either good or bad, that are sort of in between angels and people. I don’t think that they correspond to anything in Christian belief.

Djinn corrispond with angels and demons, however the story of their creation is significantly different, they aren’t the same thing but they play much the same role.

I’m not sure if Islam has angels as well though.

More like demons. Not like angels.

Not at all.

Jinn are far more like humans, aside from the idea that they are not bound to a material body. They are spiritual beings with free will, the capacity to be good or bad, the ability to worship the Islamic God, or else any other God(s) they wish.

In Christianity, the will of the angels is currently bound to the choices they made during the rebellion of Satan, and they are forever either good or bad. Unlike angels, Jinn have not yet been judged according to their actions; and whilst many may, on the Day of Judgement, be sent to eternal punishment, many others will be sent to the eternal reward of paradise.

But aren’t there good, or at least neutral, jinn? I know Arabic folklore mentions good jinn.

Or does Islam have something that more directly corresponds with angels?

Isn’t that strange :shrug:, how come GOD did not mention those third party creatures neither in the OT nor in the NT!!!

Isn’t that considered a flaw in Islam!!!.

Djinn is an arabic word . Anad mostly an Islamic term . Djinn in arabic means ‘’ to hide / disappear’’ So the name has been given to some mystery spirit that is unseen.

Now in Islam … there are humans, Angels & Jinn… there is no falen angels.

1-Angels are of no sex male nor female… they are created from light and follow orders to the letters. They dont sin and dont fall.

2-Humans are made of clay and have the capacity to sin .

3-Jin are made of fire and like humans … have the capacity to sin… the good believing Djinn is just refered to as a believing Djinn. A heretic disbeliever Djinn is what you can call . Shaitan ( satan or demon)

***Iblis ( Satan himself , or the guy that tried to seduce Jesus) is the name of the master of the disbelieving Djinns… he was first a very very believing Djinn but then he disobeyed and was kicked out from Gods presence… His goal is to seduce humans to disobey and gather as much as possible in hell with him.

That is how Islam views this topic. Hope that helps

Thanks

http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq209/Wildflowerafternoons/Smileys/smiley_emoticons_confused.gif

Catholic does not categorize Jinn separately though I am sure there is such a thing. In Catholicism it is understood as demon or evil creature.

All these demons are products of polytheism where there are many types of different creatures and gods. They are bad gods and good gods. Judaism was the first religion to separate the creatures into black and white; either they are the devils or angels and only one God Yahweh. Christians more or less continue with this belief.

Indeed Jinns can be Muslims according to (Quran 72):

*"072.001
YUSUFALI: Say: It has been revealed to me that a company of Jinns listened (to the Qur’an). They said, 'We have really heard a wonderful Recital!
PICKTHAL: Say (O Muhammad): It is revealed unto me that a company of the Jinn gave ear, and they said: Lo! we have heard a marvellous Qur’an,
SHAKIR: Say: It has been revealed to me that a party of the jinn listened, and they said: Surely we have heard a wonderful Quran,

YUSUFALI: 'It gives guidance to the Right, and we have believed therein: we shall not join (in worship) any (gods) with our Lord.
PICKTHAL: Which guideth unto righteousness, so we believe in it and we ascribe no partner unto our Lord.
SHAKIR: Guiding to the right way, so we believe in it, and we will not set up any one with our Lord: "

well, I also heard that according to Muslims, jinns are just like human that they procreate, they eat, they work etc, the only difference is that they are part of the unseen different world.

According to Muhammed they eat bones and animal dung:

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 200:
That once he was in the, company of the Prophet carrying a water pot for his ablution and for cleaning his private parts. While he was following him carrying it(i.e. the pot), the Prophet said, “Who is this?” He said, “I am Abu Huraira.” The Prophet said, “Bring me stones in order to clean my private parts, and do not bring any bones or animal dung.” Abu Huraira went on narrating: So I brought some stones, carrying them in the corner of my robe till I put them by his side and went away. When he finished, I walked with him and asked, “What about the bone and the animal dung?” He said, “They are of the food of Jinns. The delegate of Jinns of (the city of) Nasibin came to me–and how nice those Jinns were–and asked me for the remains of the human food. I invoked Allah for them that they would never pass by a bone or animal dung but find food on them.”
(E)

The Djinn were created from “Fire” apparently and man from Clay and angels from light. How unsophisticated are these people? To think that Fire, a well known phenomenon can have life itself breathed into it?
There is only one triune god who can breath life into clay, and it certainly isnt their Allah!

What miracles did Mohammed do other than “splitting the moon?” The moon remains unsplit even today. This so called miracle was simply Mohammeds cult followers telling stories after his death to make him seem as if he was a true prophet.
Hundreds of thousands witnessed Our Lords Miracles and wrote about them in Pagan Jewish and Christian documents in such scope and depth that Mohammeds mere handful of followers were on a lost cause.
Nobody could truely beleive such fanciful tales.:confused: I doubt that any muslim confronted with the truth would be able to remain a beleiver in such nonsense.

Yeah, how silly it is to claim that we could be made out of clay. Look in the mirror, does that look like dirt to you? :rolleyes:

People in glasshouses shouldn’t throw stones.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.