Job in Koran

Is it true that there is a version of what is called the book of Job in the Tanakh also in the Koran? If so, which book (sura?) is this called in the Koran?

Hey Mek, check out the article on Wikipedia about Job in Islam, it covers the basics quite well.

I don’t know how much you know about Islam, but almost all of the Prophets are found within the Religion, all containing extra stories.

1. And (remember) Job, when He cried to his Lord, “Truly distress has seized me, but Thou art the Most Merciful of those that are merciful.”

2. So We listened to him: We removed the distress that was on him, and We restored his people to him, and doubled their number,- as a Grace from Ourselves, and a thing for commemoration, for all who serve Us. (al-Anbiya:83-84)

3. Commemorate Our Servant Job. Behold he cried to his Lord: “The Satan has afflicted me with distress and suffering!”

4. “Strike with thy foot: here is (water) wherein to wash, cool and refreshing, and (water) to drink.”

5. And We gave him (back) his people, and doubled their number,- as a Grace from Us, and a thing for commemoration, for all who have Understanding.

6. “And take in thy hand a little grass, and strike therewith: and break not (thy oath).” Truly We found him full of patience and constancy. How excellent is the servant! Ever did he turn (to Us)! (Sâd:41-44)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.