Joe Biden: I support abortion ‘under any circumstance’

Joe Biden: I support abortion ‘under any circumstance’

’Republicans in state legislatures will stop at nothing to get rid of Roe — and we have to be just as strong in our defense of it,’ he said.

Wed Jul 1, 2020 - 2:39 pm EST

Democratic presidential candidate former Vice President Joe Biden on June 25, 2020 in Lancaster, PennsylvaniaJoshua Roberts / Getty Images

By Martin Bürger

July 1, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) – Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden has affirmed his support of abortion “under any circumstance.” In the aftermath of the Supreme Court’s decision to strike down a Louisiana law requiring basic medical precautions in the event of abortion complications, he said, “Republicans in state legislatures will stop at nothing to get rid of Roe — and we have to be just as strong in our defense of it.”

According to the former vice president, Republicans “are trying to get these laws appealed to the Supreme Court in the hope that Trump’s justices will vote to overturn Roe v. Wade . It’s wrong. It’s pernicious. And, we have to stop it.” Biden did not clarify why making laws that are then challenged at the Supreme Court would be “pernicious.”

He promised to “codify Roe v. Wade ” as president . . .

. . . . Meanwhile, Joe Biden is fully on board with the abortion agenda. During a virtual town hall event in April, featuring former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Biden focused on the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on women.

“Finally, we need to ensure that women have access to all health services during this crisis,” he said, adding that “abortion is an essential health care service.”

Biden claims to be a practicing Catholic, even though the Catholic Church teaches abortion is wrong under any circumstances. . . .

. . . Biden’s proposed health care plan would enshrine abortion on demand into law, funded by the taxpayer.

Biden has repeatedly indicated in the past that he would “codify” Roe v. Wade in federal law; repeal the Hyde Amendment that bars direct public funding of most abortions; force states to accept Medicare funding for Planned Parenthood; reverse the Mexico City Policy, which bars federal funds from supporting abortion overseas; and direct the Justice Department to “do everything in its power” to block state pro-life laws, including parental notification requirements, ultrasound laws, and waiting periods.

5 Likes

His support will be much more than moral support. Two Supreme Court justices turning 88 and 82. Some of his goals, per the article:

• direct public funding of abortions
  • force states to accept Medicare funding for Planned Parenthood
  • federal funds supporting abortion overseas
  • direct the Justice Department to “do everything in its power” to block state pro-life laws, including parental notification requirements, ultrasound laws, and waiting periods.
3 Likes

I don’t see how Catholics like Pelosi and Biden can support laws allowing late term abortion.

12 Likes

I have taken to praying daily that God somehow gets Biden back to the fold.
It makes me rather sad to see this given that I know he or at least his family still practice.
I just saw the daily Mass intention at their parish was for his deceased son a few weeks back.
(I was looking to see if they were resuming public daily Mass as I have often gone there on weekdays in the past, not to snoop on the Bidens.)

2 Likes

What an awful thing. He’s 77 years old and death comes “like a thief in the night”. Does he believe in the God that Catholics believe will judge him for all eternity?

11 Likes

I think there’s a good chance the man has diminished mental capacity. Half the stuff he says he would do, the executive doesn’t even have the power to do.

It’s not the same thing, but when I see reference to things like this, I am reminded of something Solzhenitzyn said about Maxim Gorky. Gorky had left the Soviet Union, disgusted with it, but found that outside of it he had no money or fame. So he returned and turned into a stooge for Stalin, including praising the Gulag. I’m paraphrasing, but Solzhenitzyn said something like this:

“And so, descending into his grave, he blessed the Archipelago”.

An awful, awful thing to witness. Stomach-churning, really. And so it is with Joe Biden.

3 Likes

Ridgerunner on Biden’s radical abortion advocacy . . .

An awful, awful thing to witness. Stomach-churning, really. And so it is with Joe Biden.

Yep.

The thing with Joe, this love for protecting murdering preborn babies did not begin when his dementia set in.

This terrible murderous path he chose
has been going on for many years.

4 Likes

AINg . . .

I don’t see how Catholics like Pelosi and Biden can support laws allowing late term abortion.

A very reasonable concern AINg.

Catholics explicitly or implicitly supporting murder is an abomination.
Intellects of these people have been willfully darkened.
Not healthy spiritually for themselves or those they LEAD into sin.
Ostensibly they always masquerade themselves as do-gooders.

2nd CORINTHIANS 11:13-15 13 For such people are false apostles,
deceitful workers, masquerading
as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder,
for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 15 It is not surprising, then,
if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness.
Their end will be what their actions deserve.

MARK 8:36 What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul?

3 Likes

I know the stock answer is “I’m not a one issue voter” but how can a Catholic in good conscience vote for another Catholic so enmeshed in such a mortal sin. I am really curious about this and have not seen a decent answer.

Please do not turn this into a list of Trump’s “crimes”. The topic here is not Trump but a Catholic candidate who advocates for abortion and is in a state of mortal sin. If the response is in reference to dementia, why would anyone vote for someone who has dementia?

7 Likes

Abortion is the big issue. Then there is gun control, climate change, and these feel good positions that are false. Democrats love to use emotion to gain power.

5 Likes

Can we stop with the pretense that Biden is a moderate please? Between things like this, and his love of AOC and her green ideas, the guy’s way out there.

Here is a shot of his favorite store, for those interested.

8 Likes

Abortion will likely be a non-issue in the upcoming election. Trump’s incompetence will be the most prominent issue.

2 Likes

. . . and Biden’s incompetence.

I really mean no disrespect to the man, but, as one of the others suggested, he has “issues,” and if he gets into a debate with Trump he’ll be a laughingstock.

2 Likes

“For if a man be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he shall be compared to a man beholding his own countenance in a glass. For he beheld himself, and went his way, and presently forgot what manner of man he was.”

(James 1:23-24)

1 Like

Trump’s incompetence, like what? No talking points please. We aren’t at war except for the remnant of one in Af/Pak. None are on the horizon. Despite Covid the economy is coming back. The stock market is still thousands of points above where it was when he took office. Our trade imbalance is being addressed. ISIS is defeated. Solemeini and Baghdadi are dead. He appointed two prolife justices and a lot of lower judges.

Other than his manners, what’s your complaint…a real one.

6 Likes

Well, the sanctity of life does account for something with a lot of voters versus what’s basically just a gratuitous insult. Life does count some.

3 Likes

Well, folks here should admit that the headline is misleading. Biden did not say that.

1 Like

But what if that is exactly the reason why one chooses to vote for Biden? I am still hoping that Republicans will come to their senses before the convention and nominate someone else who be a credible candidate that I could vote for over Biden.

1 Like

Then I would say you have some soul searching to do. As a Catholic you could vote for a Catholic who is in such a state of mortal sin? In someway saying his advocacy of abortion is acceptable to you?

And once again do not make this about Trump. You & I both know the likelihood of another Republican candidate is very slim. This conversation is not about Trump, we have too many threads on him already.

2 Likes
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.