John Hagee Ministries

Has anyone ever watched John Hagee on tv? Does he ever actually preach the Gospel? All I ever hear is fire and brimstone, gloom and doom and obession over Israel. Likewise, I have often heard him throw punches at the Catholic Church. He is more entertaining than educational.

He’s very big on the whole End Times scenarios. I do not pay too much attention to him.

I know…but as I said…does he not realize such a thing called the Gospel?

T.V. preachers for the most part are a joke. It’s either a “feel good gospel” Like Joel Olsteen or “Hour of Power”, end times nonsense like Hagee or Jack van Impee, then there’s that cursed “prosperity gospel” I actually saw one of them preach with a Bentley on stage with him. I lost all respect for stuff like that.

What’s needed is more like the Lutheran Hour or EWTN.

Hagee? One of the funniest stand up comics in the business.
:smiley:

This.

It’s Protestant-bashing like this thatnis driving me away.

At least they voted overwhelmingly for the better candidate this past election.

Old woman: I saw you!! I saw you hit that poor man!
John Wayne: Yes, ma’am,** just as hard as I could**.
Tall in the Saddle, 1944

It’s rare to see Lutheran on TV as near as I can see.
PBS is running a Christmas concert from Luther college in Iowa next week. I have it scheduled on the DVR.
Outside of that…

Never watch him. But in pulling up his website jhm.org/ his landing page is a rolling banner ad for:

“Gifts for Him”
“Gifts for Her”
“Gifts for Kids”
“Stocking Stuffers”
“The Hagees Christmas CD”
“Mystery of the Tallit Bag”

I have no comment.

True Dat!:cool:

He is a typical end times dispensationalist and very much into the rapture. This type of end time teaching is not taught at all by the Catholic church and is rather anti-Catholic so you should not watch him based on that.

He’s an anti-Catholic bigot, who has called us the Whore of Babylon.

Folks like him, Benny Hinn, Jimmy Swaggart and Jim Bakker give Christianity a bad name. They can only be watched for their train-wreck quality, not for any authentic teaching of Christ or His Church.

Donohue of Catholic League Meets Rev. John Hagee
By Deal W. Hudson
5/16/2008
Inside Catholic (www.insidecatholic.com)

Donohue said, “Pastor, you are my friend from this point forward and nothing’s going to change that. We have our theological differences but we Catholics and Evangelicals need to work together – that is the liberals worse nightmare.”

The Hagees couldn’t have agreed more with Donohue, and they talked at length about getting more Catholic support for Christians United for Israel. Donohue made it clear he shared their concern for supporting and defending the existence of Israel against Islamic extremism.

Hagee rose to leave, and he held out his hands and said “Let us pray.” We prayed in the style I learned as Southern Baptist growing up in Texas. It’s amazing how quickly it all came back to me as we prayed for unity among ourselves and for charity in all that we do.

catholic.org/national/national_story.php?id=27977

Letter of apology and reconciliation
On May 12, 2008, Hagee issued a letter of apology to William Donohue, the president of the Catholic League, expressing regret for “any comments that Catholics have found hurtful.”[41] He apologized for condemning Catholics for what he viewed was their persecution of Jews, and outright stated that he did not believe that, and many other previously held views, any longer.[41] He also said that the “great whore” comments were taken out of context and were not directed at the Catholic Church.[41] He went on to explain that his comments about the Catholic Church were made “*n my zeal to oppose anti-Semitism and bigotry in all its ugly forms. I have often emphasized the darkest chapters in the history of Catholic and Protestant relations with the Jews.”[42] Bill Donohue told Fox News, “I’m absolutely delighted… I haven’t seen such a quick turnaround in the 15 years that I have been president of the Catholic League… The tone of Hagee’s letter is sincere. He wants reconciliation and he has achieved it.”[41] “Indeed, the Catholic League welcomes his apology,” Donohue wrote in a press release. “What Hagee has done takes courage and quite frankly I never expected him to demonstrate such sensitivity to our concerns. But he has done just that. Now Catholics, along with Jews, can work with Pastor Hagee in making interfaith relations stronger than ever. Whatever problems we had before are now history.”[41]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hagee#Accusations_of_anti-Catholicism

Good of him, I must say that is both brave and principled. I stand corrected. :thumbsup:

Now if he could convince his evangelical brethren to do likewise… :slight_smile:

[quote="Lancer, post:15, topic:308391"]

catholic.org/national/national_story.php?id=27977

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hagee#Accusations_of_anti-Catholicism

[/quote]

He wants reconciliation

He can start with RCiA. :D

Baloney.
Hagee is not a Protestant.
It’s a slander to even equate him with Protestants.
We would owe every Protestant on this site an apology if we did.
He;s a televangelist and a charlatain.
Totally different animal.
:cool:

That’s a bit harsh. I think he’d self-identify as an Evangelical, which is definitely a branch of Protestantism. It’s not like he’s a Unitarian, Jehovah’s Witness, or Mormon.

He has some weird ideas about the Last Days, but I think that’s a modern disease that can affect both Protestants and Catholics.

Not sure about his being a “charlatan” - I would rather use that term for people who make false prophecies (Hal Lindsey), promote bogus healings (Benny Hinn), or say that God will slay them if they don’t get enough $$$$ by a particular date (don’t remember the guy’s name, and frankly I’m not bothered. I think it was Pat Robertson, but feel free to correct me.)

But I will express my deepest reservations about Protestant televangelism, because such broadcasts can reach and corrupt the minds of young, gullible or confused men and women. I say this with sorrow in my heart, because I have a dear friend who “fell away” from the Church courtesy of Joyce Meyer and Joel Osteen, and I have others close to me whose actual beliefs are a hodge-podge of Catholicism and TV preacherism. :frowning:

Remember, Christ Himself said: “If anyone should cause one of these little ones who believes in Me to stumble…”

Hence the need for more Catholic TV channels like EWTN and ChurchMilitant.tv

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.