First of all, the good news: the Franciscan Custody of the Holy Land (based in Washington, DC) has accepted me as a candidate for next year! I’ll be living with them, working with them, etc. for a year to decide whether the novitiate is for me or not.
Here’s the minor quandary, if you would like to give your :twocents: : My family are all non-Catholic Christians. While they unenthusiastically tolerated my conversion to the Church, I have a feeling their reaction to this will be even more unenthusiastic. It won’t come as a shock since they know I’ve visited a couple of monasteries and made several retreats, but it’s been a while since I made such a retreat.
I have a couple of months before leaving for DC. We have our annual family vacation in a couple of weeks. I am trying to figure out whether to tell them before or after the vacation. “Before” might cast a cloud over the vacation; “after” might make it seem like I’m rushing out the door and giving as little warning as possible.
What do you think? And thanks in advance for your prayers!