Jon & Kate Plus 8...are you still watching?

*Disclaimer…I don’t want to get into who you think was right or wrong in their marriage, because really, only Jon & Kate know. :o

That said…I loved this show! :crying: I still watch it, and even watch the reruns. I just feel sad for those kids, and thought they could use our prayers. Jon and Kate could also! I wish they would reconcile, but it is what it is.

I was just wondering if any of you are still watching. *

I’m still recording the show but haven’t watched an episode since they went on that month-long hiatus back in July. I enjoyed watching this family interact, with both the good and bad things that came up. Now, it’s just heartbreaking to watch this family break apart with no attempt to try and fix it. I may watch the episodes one of these days when I’m looking for something to see on tv, but until then I’m not making this show a priority like others (18 Kids and Counting!).

*Oh, I love the Duggars, too! :bounce:

Yes, I feel sad about what happened with the Gosselins. It would seem looking from our vantage points, that they didn’t try to reconcile…but who knows what really happened. Only they know, I was hoping they would somehow merge back together though…somehow. Their renewals of vows, wasn’t that long ago, right?

Personally, I think the show should end now. The show is so different now, the title of it doesn’t even match. I just feel bad for the kids…I was just curious if anyone else was still watching.

**The children are precious, but i always felt a creepy narcissism coming from the parents.
i told my daughter, long before their breakup, that it made me truly sad to see such young children used to promote the parents need for attention.

**It is another excellent example of how people can rationalize their actions, ie. “money for the children”, when the true motivations are self serving greed and the need for personal “celebrity”. **

Pray for their family, especially for the innocent children!

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

mark

I used to watch it. Now I just can’t. I’ve tried watching it, but it really seems like both Jon and Kate act differently… Maybe it’s just how it seems to me? I mean, they both before acted rather self-centered and Kate always seemed to nag on Jon, but now it just seems worse…

I think for the sanity of the family they should stop with the show. But I doubt they will, which is really unfortunate.

I used to like it very much. Now it seems lifeless and perfunctory. Jon’s segments seem like a funeral. The kids are, of course, wonderful. But now they strike me as if some family in my neighborhood is showing home movies of their kids playing dress up and performing backyard shows. Annoying. It has lost its sparkle. I feel very bad for Kate because she seems to be trying. I hope Jon finds whatever it is he is looking for or thinks he deserves.

I hate to say it, but I agree. I did see an old episode the other day (Kate with dark hair…real old episode) and remembered how much I loved the show.

I do, however love the Duggars :smiley:

I can’t judge Jon and Kate (although it would be easy by the way they are acting) because like whatevergirl said only they know. Pax†

I agree that only Jon and Kate know what happened in their marriage and no one else has the right to comment on that. Since they present themselves to America weekly, one can form an impression on their respective levels of interest in family festivities. Thank God the Duggars are still standing. Yes, we love the Duggars too!!

*I’m watching an interview with Jon Gosselin right now…it’s so sad. :frowning: Gosh, they seemed so in love early on…I honestly think that instant fame for some can be destructive for their relationships. I think it’s different for people like Bill Gates or Oprah, people who gradually WORKED towards becoming famous…you know? But, to have it thrust upon you…almost overnight. I think it was a catalyst in this whole thing, sadly. *

I used to love watching the show but not anymore. They both disgust me. Jon more than anything.

My heart breaks for those kids. Can you even imagine how it feels to live through your parents divorce and hear from the kids at school that Daddy announced to the whole world on national tv that he despises your mother and loves his new girlfriend more than he ever loved her? Just imagine how that feels for a child.

Any parent that puts their kids through that needs their head examined. :mad:

I’ve never watched regularly, an episode here and there. But I admit, I was angry when I saw that they were continuing the show.

Divorce is hard. I wish they could have given their children some privacy during this difficult time. Do they really need the money?

I feel that they are too use to the lifestyle now, besides a million dollar home.

I guess I’m not all that surprised they’ve continued the show. I’m not sure how they could afford their lifestyle if they stopped the show. The house is huge and expensive, and I can imagine the taxes are high, and they’re always doing something with the kids outside the house. If they stopped the show, and stopped getting paid for their kid’s lives then they would have to change their lifestyle. Not saying it’s not possible, but once you get used to a lifestyle it’s hard to stop.

I do hope that they’ve put a lot of the money away in savings towards the kid’s education and future lives. Seeing as it is the kid’s who technically make the money.

I do hope that they’ve put a lot of the money away in savings towards the kid’s education and future lives. Seeing as it is the kid’s who technically make the money.

I did see an interview where Kate said that because of the show and endorsements all the kids will go to college. And a lot of hotels/companies do give them freebies (i.e. Hawaii…free advertising for them) but I don’t know about all the rest. They did have humble beginnings. I pray they never forget that when the bottom falls out (and it eventually will). Pax†

I don’t think they could stop the show even if they wanted too. I’m sure the taxes on that home are horrendous plus maintenance expenses…PLUS they are supporting two households on top of that.

If they really wanted to put their kids first, they would stop the show, sell the house and maintain two seperate households like most divorce couples do. Or better yet, take the proceeds from selling the mansion and try some marriage counseling.

If they really wanted to put their kids first, they would stop the show, sell the house and maintain two seperate households like most divorce couples do. Or better yet, take the proceeds from selling the mansion and try some marriage counseling.

Amen to that!:thumbsup:

Well said.

Yeah, I did read about them getting a lot of the things for free like the trips and what not.

While I was on the computer last night I did have the show on, and I think it was a re-run, because it was pre-divorce, and they were talking about in the beginning. They were talking about how they used to have to use 2 cars since they didn’t have the van, and they said something to the extent of “Oh, yeah, that’s how we go to church” I wonder if they still go…

*I think the show should end also. They aren’t together…that was the premise of the whole show. I think in the interview last night, Jon mentioned that he might have his own show…Divorced Dads Club or something.

I agree with your masondoggy, that the kids hearing this in school must be so sad for them. I was surprised to hear the disdain Jon had for Kate. It seems that from the footage of their beginnings as a couple, they both seemed so in love…so different. I really wonder what changed…can instant fame change a family, maybe that’s the bigger question. The Duggars seem to handle it ok. But, I wonder if instant wealth and fame was the real culprit. I wouldn’t want a camera in my face on my not so happy days! :o But, I guess that was part of the show. :shrug:*

Quit watching it. I knew it was going down a bad road when at the end of the last season Jon said he wanted to end the show and Kate said no way, he needed to deal with it. I knew at that point the show was more about her than the kids and him, at least in her mind.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.