Jordanians are shocked – shocked! – that a wedding would be blown up

Jordanians are shocked – shocked! – that a wedding would be blown up
by Dennis Prager
November 15, 2005

Jordanians are shocked that Islamic terrorists would blow up families, including families celebrating a wedding. They are so shocked that for the first time in history, Muslims have taken to publicly demonstrating against Islamic terror.

And why are they shocked? Because the terrorists blew up Jordanians. As long as Islamic terrorists blew up men, women and children who are Jewish, Christian, Hindu, American, Australian and black Sudanese, the Arab and larger Muslim worlds were not particularly disturbed. In fact, Palestinians, who comprise the majority of Jordan’s population, celebrated when Jews were blown up at Passover seders and at weddings. And they took to the streets and cheered in the Palestinian fashion, handing out candy, when Americans were incinerated in office buildings.

wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=47409

%between%

I am glad that they have realized the horror of terrorism, but it is sad that it had to hit them before they could understand it.

Better late than never to realize that terrorism can strike anyone anywhere.

I find it quite normal for people who envision God as a God of fear and wrath to cheer for people being blown up. The real division in my opinion between Christian and Islamic people is the concept of God. They see the old testament God of wrath. We as Christians see God the Father through the Son. Without seeing the true nature of God in his love and mercy they emulate what they have. If we lacked the teachings of Christ we would be the same way in all reality. They in all honesty do not understand the nature of God the father.

Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and we will be satisfied.” Jesus replied, "Philip, don’t you even yet know who I am, even after all the time I have been with you? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking to see him? Don’t you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words I say are not my own, but my Father who lives in me does his work through me.
-D

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.