Journalist Who Broke the News of Pope Benedict's Resignation Recalls Her Panic

see www.catholicworldreport.com/NewsBriefs/Default.aspx?rssGuid=journalist-who-broke-news-of-resignation-recalls-her-panic/

What a scoop for any journalist! And how many would be fluent enough in Latin to have been able to understand what was being said?

It’ll no doubt be the highlight of her career - I doubt she’ll ever top that. :slight_smile:

And how many would be fluent enough in Latin to have been able to understand what was being said?

That’s pretty much my argument for Mass in the vernacular too…

So if your pastor gives his resignation announcement, you would be able to break the news?

Well as it happens I AM a journalist…but that is probably one for the parish newsletter…

Well, that’s a pretty bad argument. :rolleyes:

I’d suggest not bringing that topic up here… it’s off topic to the thread and is likely to cause some heat. :wink:

Note to self: be more po faced when posting:rolleyes:

:smiley:

There were a lot of young ladies in my university Latin classes. And some of them were quite passionate about the language. (and not me. :() Later on in my working days, some lady used to use in her signature “De gustibus…” leaving everyone to try to figure out what she meant.

A friend of mine, who’s not even Catholic, emailed me a year ago with this information. I remember him writing me that it was strange that Catholics didn’t know their own language.

Who knows, maybe this was Pope Benedict’s point.

I see they removed the OP article. Hmmm.

Here’s another one.

catholicnewsagency.com/news/journalist-who-broke-news-of-resignation-recalls-her-panic/

Thanks for this new link. That is very good of you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.