Joy Behar: No More Saints Due to Modern Medicine

HAHA oops! I guess I got caught up in making my point. At least I got the first letter right!

Fox posted a story on her comments.

foxnews.com/story/0,2933,321472,00.html

Daddums :slight_smile:

LOL, I do that all the time; but as I said before, I completely agree with the point you were making.

Let’s request that The View give equal time to islam and say something equally as “funny” about Big-Mo and the Long Knives Squad!

That should have ABC facilities burning in no time.

And the LAST one, TOO! :slight_smile:

EDIT: And the FOURTH one also!!

…let’s give you **THE FULLNESS OF **the credit you deserve, eh mon frere!!?

Here’s the video clip of Joy:

youtube.com/watch?v=3OhlIC1M818

Earlier in the program, they also called Catholics Idol Worshipers and **Polytheists **(claiming we worship saints)

I just wrote this in the other View thread, but I’ll repost it here to spread the word:

Earlier in the program, they also called Catholics Idol Worshipers and **Polytheists **(claiming we worship saints)

You can write to The View here:
abc.go.com/daytime/theview/ask

Or if you want a real impact on the show, and what the media allows on television, you can write to some of the sponsors of the program. They pay the bills, after all:

All Detergent (Unilever) (unileverusa.com/resources/contactus.asp)
BAM Power Cleaner ( Reckitt Benckiser)
Best Foods Mayonnaise bestfoods.com/contact_us.aspx
Bush’s Baked Beans bushbeans.com/contactus.php
Claritin-D (Schering-Plough) (Telephone: (908) 298-4000)
Clorox (thecloroxcompany.com)(thecloroxcompany.consumerreply.com/Clorox/thecloroxcompany/faqs.nsf/WebContactUs?OpenForm)
Whitening Rinse (P&G)(pg.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/pg.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php)
Disney’s “Meet the Robinsons”
Dove Ice Cream (Mars, Inc.)Phone: 1-908-852-1000
Excedrin (Novartis)
Head & Shoulders Shampoo (P&G)(pg.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/pg.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php)
Honey Buches of Oats (Kraftfoods.com)
Humira (Abbot Laboratories) 100 Abbott Park Road;Abbott Park, Illinois 60064-3500; Telephone: (847) 937-6100
I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter (Unilever)(unileverusa.com/resources/contactus.asp)
Janome Sewing Machines (fax (201) 825 - 3612)
Loestrin 24 (Warner Chilcott Inc.)Telephone: (973) 442-3200 Fax: (973) 442-3283
M&M’s (Mars Inc.)Phone: 1-908-852-1000
Marshall’s (customer service at 1-800-Marshalls)
Miracle-Gro (Call us Toll Free at: 1-888-295-6902)
Pepto Bismol (P&G) (pg.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/pg.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php)
Pier 1 Imports (Customer Relations: (800) 245-4595)
Pillsbury Toaster Strudel (General Mills) (1-800-775-4777 between (7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. CT, weekdays)
Reach One Ultimate Clean ToothbrushScrubbing Bubbles (S.C. Johnson & Son Inc.)SearsSingulair (Merck)Phone: 908-423-1000
Stainmaster Carpet (invista.com/page_whois_index_en.shtml
Stanley Steemer ( 1-800-STEEMER)T. J. Maxx (call us at 1-800-926-6299)
Tide Laundry Detergent (P&G) (pg.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/pg.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php)VaselineVaseline) Intensive Rescue Body Lotion (Unilever)(unileverusa.com/resources/contactus.asp)
Woolite (Reckitt Benckiser plc)
Zyrtec (Pfizer)Phone: 1-212-733-2323

I completely agree. I’m just careful not to make a mountain out of a molehill in this situation. We do need to be vigilant.

Hey thanks!

Wasn’t it Fadda John Corapi who quoted someone as saying, “Yes, the people of (modern times) will be weak—they will not have the strength to spend days in fast or prayer. But they will be greater than we, for they will battle Satan unbound.”

Too close for comfort.

what did she do? i mean, besides her every day stupid comments and offensive stuff, but I mean, did she do something huge?

Yes, but the point is that it is generally acceptable to oppress Catholics. If the comment was made about Muslims, Baptists, Jews, Hindus, or even gays, there would have been a MAJOR backlash and public outcry. She would most likely have been fined and potentially kicked off of the air. But hey, since its just the Catholics. We should be outraged.

I’m of two minds about this. Personally I am outraged, but I do not wish to be like the Professional Offendees, who seem to look for ways to be offended by the most innocent remarks, and then get the government to legislate against it.

You have a good point but in Joy Behar’s case one must consider deliberate versus innocent. This is not the first time this woman has made a derogatory remark about Catholics - I think she gets her shots in when she can. Hardly innocent imo.

I am new to this site, so please bear with me.

Being manic-depressive (what is now referred to as “bi-polar”) and Catholic, I got a charge out of hearing about this entire mess, but what strikes me most is the attention we pay to television personalities whose depth of thought is less than that of a puddle of spit. If people would pay as much attenton to the words of, say, the Holy Father, or even a good priest, they would be much better off.

Our country has begun to run itself on celebrity opinion and endorsement to the near-complete exclusion of reasonable thought and logic.

Yes, it is true that if some other group had been singled out for this type of comment, the uproar would have been heard from coast to coast and, quite probably, around the world. But here is the point: The yakking celebrities are important only insofar as we attach any importance to them. To put it another way, ignore the odious toads and they will go away.

I have been hearing this since I was a teenager. So far, ignoring them hasn’t worked.:frowning:

Let me make it perfectly clear: I think she’s a loudmouthed, anti-Catholic nitwit who is neither funny nor amusing nor all that innocent.

Just making a point about P. O.'s.

You have a good point but in Joy Behar’s case one must consider deliberate versus innocent. This is not the first time this woman has made a derogatory remark about Catholics - I think she gets her shots in when she can. Hardly innocent imo.

You are right, I have noticed she has made many digs at Catholics lately. I guess I should follow DH’s advice and keep her tuned off (but not before I sent ABC an email :thumbsup: )

When a boxer wishes to win a fight, he directs his punches to the parts of the body that are the core of the opposition. The core, the root of Christianity is the Chruch, the Chruch that Christ started, our Catholic Church.

It’s no wonder the opposition would throw the hardest blows to Her. As awful as hearing these words are, the most important thing is to pray for and hope the persons throwing these punches can see inside themselves deep enough to understand why they are throwinng thier punches to the Head.

It’s further confirmation of the true Chruch. Unfortunatley at the expense of the perpertrators. Pray for her.

True, things could be worse, however, they only get worse by allowing this kind of garbage to continue. Think of the frog in the pot analogy. The problem is, we as Catholic Christians have been asleep for this kind of satan-inspired attack for two long now already. It is ONLY GOING TO GET WORSE. Behar is an avowed anti-Christian and clearly is extremely unintelligent. She has no idea what she is talking about, but as long as she is allowed to spew her hatred of Catholicisim (based on ignorance, not fact), she will educate the already dimwitted masses that lap that show up as gospel in lies and hatred.

She is a pathetic, disgusting woman in desparate need of being fired, and of our prayers.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.