Joyful prayer request as I begin singing with our Church Choir

I’ve just recently joined my Parish and their Traditional Choir. I will be joining them this coming Sunday for Sunday Mass for the first time-- had first my rehearsal last night. This is a return to Music Ministry for me, after nearly 25 years away.

Please pray and rejoice with me, that I am once again able to lift my voice in joyful prayer and song with the Choir, that I may glorify God with the Gift of music that he has so graciously granted to me, and that God may bless the other lovely voices in that Choir-- for choir singing is a small taste of the lovely sounds of the Angels in Heaven.

*O glorious Saint Cecilia, who chose to die instead of denying your King, we pray you please to help us as His fair praise we sing. We lift our hearts in joyous song to honor Him this way. And while we sing, remembering, to sing is to doubly pray.

At once in our hearts and in our tongues we offer double prayer sent heavenward on winged notes to praise God dwelling there. While in our hearts and tongues we try with song to praise God twice, we ask dear saint, to help us be united close to Christ!

Amen.

Lord, hear our requests. Through the intercession of St. Cecilia, please grant what we ask. Amen.*

Thank you all, and God bless!

In the joy of Christ,

~Spoken4

From today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Psalm 80 (81)
Solemn renewal of the covenant

Ring out your joy to God our strength.
Shout with joy to God our helper,
rejoice in the God of Jacob.
Take up the song, sound the timbrel,
play on the lyre and the harp.

:blessyou:

Praying for your intentions….

Lord Jesus, You have said,
“Learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart.”
With confidence in Your loving heart
which offers rest to weary souls,
we come to You in this time of special need.
In Your unfailing love,
read the prayer that is written on our hearts,
and grant the grace that we ask of You,
in accordance with Your holy will.
In Your name we pray.
Amen.

Praying.

Wonderful!

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.

Also requesting the help and prayers of St. Blaise, the patron Saint of throats…

I woke up this morning with a bit of rawness and weakness of voice.

O Lord, I pray that the Balm of Your tenderness be on my throat, that it may be strong and healthy as I lift my voice in prayer and song for Your Glory.

For me, and for all of those who sing and use their voices to proclaim God’s Word:

St. Blaise, pray for us!
St. Cecilia, pray for us!
St. Justin the Martyr, pray for us!
St. Bede the Venerable, pray for us!
Mother Mary, pray for us!

In Jesus’ Name–

Amen.

:signofcross:

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women and
blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

I know how joyful that can be! I couldn’t sing at all for a few years–surgery for thyroid cancer, weakness from chemotherapy for breast cancer.

Our music ministry (tiny mission parish) is just a pianist, a soprano, and me (alto)–and our pianist moved away so we’re desperately looking for a new one. Our congregation sings heartily.

I am worried about what might be in store for my singing voice. My ENT found a spot behind my trachea and I have CT scans Monday morning to see if it’s a cancer recurrence. I am getting Anointing of the Sick tomorrow, and my whole parish and network of friends and family worldwide are praying for me. I hope for a miraculous healing before the scan so I don’t have to go through any unneccessary procedures that might damage my voice.

I’m sad when I can’t sing…being able to sing at Mass again was like a depressed, silent bird finally opening up and chirping joyfully her little praises of our good God!

I will keep you in my prayers, and please keep me in your prayers, too. :thumbsup:

May God hear your prayer and answer. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.