Joyful Update

I thought that I would provide a joyful update on me - see the following threads for background:

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=280067

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=280383

I decided that I would try to do both churches yesterday.

I went to my “other church” in the morning - I was looking forward to it - but it just felt off for some reason. I enjoyed what they were talking about - letting go of your past, because God has greater things in store - and it was relevant to my life right now. Music was good, as always, but something was just not quite there. I decided to just chalk it up to an off morning.

I then went to the 6pm mass at my parish - and that’s when it hit me. The reason why church this morning didn’t feel quite right to me is because it’s not mass! I don’t get to enjoy in the Eucharist - which (as you would all probably agree) is the BEST thing about our faith. We get to actually celebrate with Jesus! How AWESOME is that!

It just doesn’t get better than this! I’m HOME!

I am filled with joy - I feel a great sense of peace within me. I feel as though I am truly prepared to move forward in my Catholic faith - and no longer look behind.

PRAISE GOD!

That’s great to hear! Keep up the good work!! :extrahappy:

I’m extremely glad to hear that! God Bless!
Jacob :signofcross:

Praise the Lord! Thank you for sharing with us.

Welcome Home!! :clapping:

I went to my “other church” in the morning - I was looking forward to it - but it just felt off for some reason. I enjoyed what they were talking about - letting go of your past, because God has greater things in store - and it was relevant to my life right now. Music was good, as always, but something was just not quite there. I decided to just chalk it up to an off morning.

What did they do?

It is an Evangelical Covenant Church. They usually have about 20 minutes of praise and worship music, then a 40-ish minute sermon, then 10 more minutes of music.

This past Sunday was not out of the ordinary for a service - I just didn’t feel as connected to the service as I had the past few Sundays.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.