Judge orders full restart of DACA program

Judge orders full restart of DACA program

A D.C.-based federal judge on Friday ordered the Trump administration to restart in full the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program.

The decision is the latest legal blow against President Donald Trump’s decision to phase out the Obama-era program, which offers deportation relief to undocumented immigrants brought to the United States as children.

one more facet of open borders

This is really bad. My kids already can’t sleep because they think open borders are under their beds.

Tyrannical judge. The executive doesn’t need to give reasons for ending an unconstitutional program. That is absurd. We need to fix the judiciary.

I did not realize that a judge is both a member of the executive and legislative branches. Who knew that a judge could demand the President implement executive orders and laws that have nothing to do with the Constituion. You learn something new every day. I will wait with baited breath for this same judge to demand that the next Democrat president keep the Mexico City policy in place to protect the dignity of life and respect the citizens of this country.

Checks and balances.

You might have heard of it. It’s pretty important

What are the checks and balances for a judiciary who created their own laws?

Whether it is unconstitutional or not isn’t relevant. What is relevant is that DACA is an executive order, not a statute. As such, the executive chooses to keep or rescind it, not the courts.
Otherwise, you are correct about the judge. This is just another overstep by the courts

That won’t happen, but there are now plenty of conservative judges to “judge shop” for when the is a Democrat president

Yeah our government is set up for checks and balances. This isn’t it. DACA is an executive order for a executive program. The executive branch is free to implement or rescind its executive orders as it sees fit, granted that they do not violate the constitution. A judicial check on the executive would be a judge ruling an executive order as unconstitutional. But requiring the executive to keep or implement an executive order? That is judicial overstep and a judge trying to rule from his bench. There is nothing balanced about that.

I agree, but the fact it is unconstitutional only adds to the disgrace of the crooked federal judge who issued this order.

Constitutionality is one test the judicial branch can use. There are other laws besides the Constitution.

Executive Orders still must confirm to the laws of our land. For a judge to make a ruling there must be a suit of some kind brought before them. So it’s strange that you act so sure of the case specifics and that the ruling is inappropriate as the article didn’t mention anything about the case or the rationale of the judge or the attorneys’ arguments.

That’s a strange thing to think. The executive is still subject to the law. And executive orders aren’t magical wands free from legal scrutiny.

This judge was appointed by George W. Bush

The problem isn’t who appoints judges. The problem is the judiciary largely thinks they are gods. They think they are unrestrained in power. Sadly once they are seated the nature of the office is to corrupt any good people.

I mean… Everyone has opinions I guess. You’re welcome to yours.

Mine is an opinion based on facts. So it is a well informed opinion. Not all opinions are well informed.

ROFL

The judge isn’t ruling on law. This is an example of someone overstepping their authority, it will be quashed by judges with integrity.

You have access to the ruling, and the arguments? I didn’t see it in the article.

Neither are they statutes. I find it odd that a judge would take it upon himself to enforce something that is not law, not passed by Congress and not approved by the current executive. Where does the judiciary get the power to create law independent of the branch that creates law and the branch charged with enforcing law?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.