Judge rules that deacon’s company will not have to provide contraception coverage

April 3, 2013 By Deacon Greg Kandra

Details: Greg Hall is safe from government fines – for now. The Catholic deacon who owns American Manufacturing Company in St. Joseph has received a preliminary injunction protecting him from provisions in the Affordable Care Act. The injunction was issued Tuesday in the 8th Circuit of the federal district courts by U.S. District Court Judge John R. Tunheim. In short, he won’t have to start providing insurance that covers contraception, sterilization or abortifacient drugs to his …

patheos.com/blogs/deaconsbench/2013/04/judge-rules-that-deacons-company-will-not-have-to-provide-contraception-coverage/

That is an encouraging sign. We’ll see how it plays out.

Good news

That is great news! Dcn. Greg Hall is a friend of mine and serves in my parish. He was instrumental in helping rescue the miners who were trapped in the mine in Chile a couple of years ago.

Peace

Tim

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.