Judgement Day on May 21, 2011!

does anyone else find groups like these annoying yet rather entertaining? i hope thats not a bad thing, but its just so funny that in all these debates about “Catholicism says this but Protestantism says that” and about various interpretation of various bible passages, one of the clearest passages of NO ONE KNOWS THE DATE OR TIME, NOT EVEN THE SON seems to shoot right over their heads.

December 2012 sounds much more interesting :slight_smile:

well it sounds interestinge. i don’t think the may 21, 2011 would fly over so well with the world until they make a major motion picture of it. and since its only in a couple of months, i’d say they’re behind schedule. :smiley: i’ve got an idea for a trailer tho, what do ya think?

"THE PREQUEL TO 2012…sound dramatic music
…05-21-11
…the day the world ends
…before it ends in 2012

and it’ll be released on 05-22-11

The group that put out that date still has the donation page up.

Nice to see that they have a link to cancel recurring donations. :thumbsup:

-Tim-

I find these groups extremely entertaining, especially when they claim a date that is not too far off.

I wonder what the man who started all this will say on May 22nd…

Maybe he can borrow from the JWs :wink:

actually, i was watching a video doc on cnn about these guys. cnn asked them “what happens if you wake up on may 22 2011?” All it says its that they refused to answer that question because then they’d be doubting the bible and that they cannot do.

those were the actual words.

No, no, no my dear brothers and sisters. These people are 100% CORRECT! The world WILL END on May 21, 2011. :eek:

Alas, remember the words of our Lord from Matthew:Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.” :bigyikes:**How oh how will you ever divorce yourself of your worldly riches in time? ** Fear not, for in the spirit of Christian generosity you can do the following:

1. As quickly as you can, convert all of your personal riches (house, savings, life insurance, retirement plans, kids piggy bank - hey, don’t forget you can get cash from your credit cards as well!) into cash.

2. Use the cash to buy American Eagle gold coins from the US Mint.:twocents:

3. Send me a PM when you have the coins and I will send you the PO Box to FedEx them to.

4. Sit back and await judgment day, knowing I have taken this cross unto myself.:thumbsup:

Please pass this information to your family and friends.

You are welcome. :rolleyes:

Judgement day May 21, 2011 is my brothers birthday so I hope it is late afternoon or early evening in caes they are having a party for him during the day.

I actually spoke with the woman who was handing out the info. packets for a few minutes at last years 4th of July parade. when the conversation ended I just asked her if she would consider Catholicism if May 22, 2011 does come. She just gave me a blank stare as if to say that is impossible.

:rotfl:
When i first saw your post I was like “is this guy for real? he really things judgement day is may 21?” then i got down to the “sit back and await judgement” part …SO FUNNY!!
A few years ago i came across this guy name Harold Camping. You guys might know who he is. I believe he is one of the first people who claimed to know the date of judgement. He ended up being wrong the first time, then a few years later came back with a new date claiming that they had made errors during their last calculation. anyways, there was a pastor from another church that tried speaking with him about how he is wrong. the past asked camping “well since you are so adamant that judgement is happening in a couple years, then why don’t you send all of your donations to my church to help us with out outreach”. Harold Camping never sent him a penny.

:slight_smile: At least Easter and its reception of catechumens/candidates will be over with. I’ll just have a few short weeks to keep up the sinless state of baptism. Thanks be to God! If the world ends just May 21, I’ll be fine. You people have to go and actually try to be holy. :rolleyes:

Good luck with that. Thankfully, Catholic authorities and scripture scholars don’t seem to make such claims as often as Protestants do. I wonder why that is?

Catholics never make claims as to the timing of the end of the world. This is one Scripture quote we take literally:

Mt 24:
42Therefore, stay awake, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming. 43But know this, that if the master of the house had known in what part of the night the thief was coming, he would have stayed awake and would not have let his house be broken into. 44Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

Annoying? Yes, in that you can’t reason with them. The behavior of doomsday cults isn’t typically something you can fight without one on one interaction. You have to get people out of the group and that isn’t always possible.

Entertaining? No. I think they are a tragic waste of human effort that often breeds more direct tragedy. I especially feel regret for the children involved.

no doubt about the children, but i understand your point about it being a waster of human effort. i just think it is funny that it seems like every year there is a new doomsday prophesy out and that they can’t seem to understand the clearest verse in the whole NT…that no one knows the date and time.

Well, I mean I can see the absurdity, sure. Maybe I’m feeling serious today, some days I’d probably think it was funny.

However not too long ago I saw a picture from this story with a little girl holding an end times sign and it bummed me out. I suppose I can imagine my own daughter’s enthusiasm for life being used for such a purpose.

For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables.

2 Timothy 4:3-4

Battle Los Angeles starts in the theaters this Friday…maybe that’s the beginning of the end!

It would be funny, if it weren’t for so many people who believe it and or are frightened by the predictions.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.