Julian Assange suggests DNC staffer was shot dead for being a ‘source’

WikiLeaks editor Julian Assange suggested that the Democratic National Committee staffer shot dead last month in Washington, DC, was killed because he was a “source.”

“Whistleblowers go to significant efforts to get us material and often very significant risks. As a 27-year-old, works for the DNC, was shot in the back, murdered just a few weeks ago for unknown reasons as he was walking down the street in Washington,” he told Dutch TV, referring to Seth Rich, who was gunned down in the early morning hours of July 10 while walking to his apartment in Bloomingdale.

The interviewer followed up by asking, “That was just a robbery, I believe. Wasn’t it?”

The WikiLeaks founder cryptically replied, “No, there’s no finding … I’m suggesting that our sources take risks.”

WikiLeaks recently released a trove of stolen emails from top-level staffers at the Democratic National Committee. The revelations in the emails led to resignations of the chair of the DNC, as well as top staff members.

In the interview, Assange refused to confirm Rich was a source.

nypost.com/2016/08/10/julian-assange-suggests-dnc-staffer-was-shot-dead-for-being-a-source/

Yet the article says he won’t confirm the staffer was a source. Seems to me Julian Assange is a little too coy.

There;s a few other recent deaths that probably need a thorough investigation into as well.

Which deaths are you referring to? Who should investigate: the FBI, the CIA? Can we trust the investigators?

Only the Illuminati know.

Shawn Lucas and Victor Thorn. Not implying anything, just that if people can be highly suspicious of the deaths of minority suspects in police custody or during altercations, others should be able to raise questions about other police findings.

Exactly. Assange has been “too coy” about this whole thing. He claims he has damning emails against the Clinton campaign, yet he won’t release said emails. He just keeps talking about them. Now he suggests Rich was murdered by the DNC, but won’t provide any evidence to back his claim and won’t admit Rich was the leak.

Seems to me Assange has an axe to grind with the party that has kept him a virtual prisoner in the Ecuadorian embassy in London for over 4 years in his bid to escape justice. Particularly with the US putting pressure on Ecuador to release him from the embassy in the last few weeks.

He’s the poster boy of coy.

It seems quite clear why he’s not releasing them. Because he wants them to have maximum impact and attention and during the Olympics and just this time of the year in general, it’s probably not really the time that would have maximum impact. There is a term “October surprise” in politics so maybe October is when they will start being released. He said in an interview the emails are going to be released in batches, so not in all one go. People can guess when this happen… probably the most damaging, if damaging material exists, will probably be released a week or so before the actual election.

We even have people now who believe Putin want’s HC to win in November, so he can blackmail over e-mails any time he has a problem with the US.

A truly troubling prospect. FBI director Comey said Hillary’s attorneys did NOT read and review the deleted emails, so there is no telling what they say. But if Clinton didn’t even want her attorneys to read them, then one really has to wonder about the content.

If Putin has the deleted emails, he is almost certainly not the only one. But no matter what, some people sent and received them. They have what they have, and they know what they know.

More meat for right-wing conspiracy theorists. Murder! Intrigue! Unsubstantiated rumors!

I don’t think most people put much stock in what Assange says. But that’s not the real story anyway. The real story is that there are 30,000 erased emails the FBI didn’t get but are probably in the hands of America’s enemies. One doesn’t have to be a “right wing conspirator” to be worried about that.

But Ridge, all the emails were about were wedding planning and yoga :rolleyes:

Isn’t hacking of email servers illegal ? And also publishing the retrieved emails ?

Yes, which is why Assange has no plans on setting foot in the US anytime soon.

hacking, yes. publishing retrieved emails, not illegal. might be immoral, but I don’t think it’s illegal unless there are national security things in it.

Not to mention all the politicians (Republican and Democrat) who have publicly stated that Assange should receive the death penalty or be assassinated.

I thought as much. Somewhere in my confused mind, I still believe the world is controlled by a half-dozen or so shadowy people and all the so-called world leaders are merely puppets on a string.

“If she was doing that much yoga, she wouldn’t need to wear pantsuits.”

(from this YouTube video, at around the 1:17 mark)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.