July Mass Readings

Dear friend,

July is almost here, and there are some exciting Scripture Readings that the Catholic Church will be covering. We will be covering the Old Testament prophets as well as more Gospel readings from the Gospel of St. Matthew. July will be a great opportunity to get acquainted with these prophets who spoke in detail about our Lord Jesus Christ centuries before He came to earth born from the Virgin Mary.

June was a challenging month for me as I put together the commentary for the books of 1-2 Kings, there is not an abundance of commentary with Church antiquity to be found for Kings, but I did search every nook and cranny for the insights for the 1-2 Kings, while I do have plenty of resources on hand for the Gospel readings.

I am looking forward to next month, I am waiting on a shipment of new Bible commentaries to sift through that will contribute to July’s readings!

If there is anything I can do to help you with learning the Bible or the Catholic Faith, please feel free to contact me anytime!

Take care!

Your brother in Christ,

John Litteral

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.