Jurors and Court Personnel in Joseph Duncan Sentencing

In May of 2005, Joseph Duncan brutally murdered two adults and a 13 year old just outside of Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. His intent was to kidnap the two young children at the home. His mission was carried out. The children were brutally abused and one of them, killed. Miraculously, the other child was rescued about seven weeks after the abduction at a local restaurant in the early morning hours.

This man is a convicted sex offender who has pled guilty to federal charges related to this case. His sentencing hearing is currently underway in Boise, ID (where the Federal Court is located). The jurors are currently being shown a graphic torture video that Ducan took. The judge is not allowing any media feed into the courtroom and has warned everyone present of the particularly violent, graphic nature. So, SOME people present have an option of not watching this. But, there are people in the courtroom who have no choice in this. They are serving as jurors and Court personnel. I ask you to pray for them as their lives will not be the same after watching this. And, of course, please pray for the respose of the souls of those family members brutally murdered in this case…and for the surviving little girl.

In Christ,
Kathy

Prayers going up.

O Lord, I lift to Your care all those involved in this horrific case. Please, Lord, grant peace to the survivor, and allow her to live a healthy life, growing in love and service to You. Touch the hearts and minds of those in the court case who have to bear the vision of what they are seeing in court. Allow them to move on with faith in You, O Lord. And please touch the heart of this killer, and lead him to You and Your river of mercy and forgiveness. In Jesus name we pray.

Amen.

Father please protect children and women from predators. I am always astonished that some people believe they have the right to violate the rights and to ruin and destroy the gift of life that You have given to another. And then the mental torture that their crimes have on the victims, their families, and others.

Father in the name of Your own Son, whom such a man also tried to murder as an infant, have mercy and protect the innocent.

***+JMJTJ+

Your intentions will be in my prayers.***

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.