Just a little message to everyone...please read

Hi everyone,

During Confirmation class today, Jesus was tugging on my heart to come and post this. I would like to thank each and every one of you here for your support and encouragement along my faith journey. It hasn't been easy at times, but I knew I could always come online and get a kind word and a prayer from someone when I really needed it. That means the world to me. Also, I'm sort of being drawn to religious life. I am not sure what God wants me to do, but the possibility of me being a sister is becoming very clear. You don't know how much it means to a young person in today's society to have loving people encourage her in a vocation. I can click on Catholic Answers and have a wonderful conversation with someone, then click onto the homepage and there is some foolishness with teen celebrities having sex and getting pregnant or something. I don't want to fall into the trap of society. The desire of my heart is to be on fire for God, and to let others come to Him through me. I want to shine brighter than Miley Cyrus and Jessica Simpson through my love for God.

Thank you for your support. Everyone here is in my prayers. God Bless.

Love,
Jeanne

That's so awesome! My family is always praying for vocations, so to read what you wrote is a huge blessing to me and I will take it as an answer to prayer...even that you are discerning, it means you are open to His call. We will continue to pray. :)

Very sweet. You are in my prayers.

[quote="jeanne71350, post:1, topic:177931"]
Hi everyone,

During Confirmation class today, Jesus was tugging on my heart to come and post this. I would like to thank each and every one of you here for your support and encouragement along my faith journey. It hasn't been easy at times, but I knew I could always come online and get a kind word and a prayer from someone when I really needed it. That means the world to me. Also, I'm sort of being drawn to religious life. I am not sure what God wants me to do, but the possibility of me being a sister is becoming very clear. You don't know how much it means to a young person in today's society to have loving people encourage her in a vocation. I can click on Catholic Answers and have a wonderful conversation with someone, then click onto the homepage and there is some foolishness with teen celebrities having sex and getting pregnant or something. I don't want to fall into the trap of society. The desire of my heart is to be on fire for God, and to let others come to Him through me. I want to shine brighter than Miley Cyrus and Jessica Simpson through my love for God.

Thank you for your support. Everyone here is in my prayers. God Bless.

Love,
Jeanne

[/quote]

Praise God and may He Bless you dear one. If you feel Him call you please answer Him with a resounding yes. When you click on to the home page it is the devil's way of tempting you ( and all of us ) with these so called pleasures of life. Sad to say, too many of us fall for his wiles and follow his enticements.

We all are presented with Gifts by the Holy Spirit, but many of us do not recognize them, reject them, or misuse them. You are one of the few that has recognized His gift. Please accept it and follow through. You are specially chosen. May God bestow abundant Blessing on you. I hope to be calling you Sister soon.

With Christian Love, :extrahappy:

Leonard

PAX DOMINI :signofcross:

Shalom Aleichem

Dearest Jeanne, I attend Eucharistic Adoration daily and will certainly be mentioning you by name in prayer every day. Remember this precious promise from our Creator: “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you” (Jer. 1:5). Whatever your vocation may be–whether as a nun, a consecrated virgin living in the world, a wife and mother–God has chosen that path just for you. Each one is a holy calling that is pleasing to Him. You can win souls for Christ, and live a life that is very pleasing to Him, in whatever vocation He calls you to fulfill.

I know that whatever He has called you to do, you will do it with your whole heart, soul, body and mind. I have no doubt that your life will be a joy to the angels.

Praying for you, dear sister! :crossrc:

Wonderful! Godbless you Dear.

That's wonderful! I too am thinking about the possibility of a religious life, but I'm not too clear on it yet. I'm so glad you found the Church and that you feel so much support from this site. God bless you! :crossrc:

God bless you and guide you as you discern your vocation.

(By the way, you can make Catholic Answers your home page if it is your own computer that you don't have to share with others. Then you could go straight to the good stuff and eliminate the garbage!)

If You feel called to religious life as a Sister, You must try, or you will go for the rest of your life wondering, Thats what a Priest advised me, when I thought I had a religious vocation:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.