Just a quick poll

I know this subject has been dealt with at length on other threads so ill try to keep this brief.

As far as I know Catholics are not required to accept the concept of Mary as “mediatrix of all graces” I know the majority of people do, however I also know some devout Catholics appose the concept or understand it in a different form to others.

So I would like is your preference, however feel free to attach your own comments if you are so inclined.

As I have said, I know this issue has been dealt with on other thread, however those threads didn’t give a good indication as to what proportion of Catholics believe what. I’m simply trying to get understanding of how prevalent the belief in Mary’s mediation is among Catholics.

God bless
Levi

Fr William G Most says, “We can say without doubt that the title “Mediatrix” is justified, and applies to all graces for certain, by her cooperation in acquiring all graces on Calvary.”

In Adiutricem populi Leo XIII described Mary as having “practically limitless power.”

In Ad diem illum St. Pius X said she was the "dispensatrix of all the gifts, and is the “neck” connecting the Head of the Mystical Body to the Members. But all power flows through the neck.

The first two choices are not mutually exclusive. Perhaps next time you could include another option that combines them, because I hold to both. The Church teaches the first one as being certain, though it is not a dogma yet.

hurst

[quote=hurst]The first two choices are not mutually exclusive. Perhaps next time you could include another option that combines them, because I hold to both. The Church teaches the first one as being certain, though it is not a dogma yet.

hurst
[/quote]

I noticed that as soon as I posted this, but it was too late to edit.

Option 2 should probably include an “also”, if one was to choose option 2 it would indicate they accepted option 1 first. The second option builds on the first.

Sorry I didn’t catch that in time.

St. Louis de Montfort says in his work, The Secret of Mary, page 14, that “God has entrusted Mary, with the keeping, the adminstration and distribution of all His graces, so that all His graces and gifts pass through her hands; and (according to the power she has received over them), as St. Bernardine teaches, Mary gives to whom she wills, the way she wills, when she wills and as much as she wills, the graces of the Eternal Father, the virtues of Jesus Christ and the gifts of the Holy Ghost”.

God bless,

Larry

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.