just another papist

At lunch today at work, a lady I know introduced me to a visitor to her classroom. Only her introduction went like this, “Hey, Mary, here’s another one just like you.” (me, “Another what?”
(her, “A Catholic. He even crossed himself at lunch.” I said, “Ah, another Papist. Good for us.” People amaze me sometimes.

[quote=moira]At lunch today at work, a lady I know introduced me to a visitor to her classroom. Only her introduction went like this, “Hey, Mary, here’s another one just like you.” (me, “Another what?”
(her, “A Catholic. He even crossed himself at lunch.” I said, “Ah, another Papist. Good for us.” People amaze me sometimes.
[/quote]

Sounds as if she thinks Catholics are some sort of exotic species…:rolleyes:

[quote=RNRobert]Sounds as if she thinks Catholics are some sort of exotic species…:rolleyes:
[/quote]

One day I wore a t-shirt to work with a picture of the Blessed Virgin on it and this same lady said, “Oh. I’m Lutheran. We don’t do Mary.”

You should tell that Luther would be horrified to hear that Lutherans “don’t do Mary” since he believed in honoring our Blessed Mother. But I guess that is what happens when walks away from the one true Church, everything gets dilluted:bounce:

This person was no “lady”. :mad:

[quote=RNRobert]Sounds as if she thinks Catholics are some sort of exotic species…:rolleyes:
[/quote]

Yeh, you go to the zoo and you will see a couple Catholics over by the gorillas and monkeys.:rolleyes:

[quote=moira]One day I wore a t-shirt to work with a picture of the Blessed Virgin on it and this same lady said, “Oh. I’m Lutheran. We don’t do Mary.”
[/quote]

I think Luther had a Catechism that stated all the Marian doctrines as truth.

[quote=moira]At lunch today at work, a lady I know introduced me to a visitor to her classroom. Only her introduction went like this, “Hey, Mary, here’s another one just like you.” (me, “Another what?”
[/quote]

In the words of John Wayne, tell ‘em to smile when they say that. :wink:
(That’s also a fine Irish name you’re sportin’ there. I loved it when my newest grandson was named Collin Seamus.)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.