Just changed school, need your prayers

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,

I don’t like requesting a prayer for myself, but I really feel like I need it. I changed school two weeks ago (I’m 17) and I find it very difficult to adapt. I often feel panicked when I wake up in the morning and burst out crying, and can’t seem to stop it. I don’t feel comfortable talking to the other students nor the teachers. Just the thought of school makes me feel extremely sad. I know it’s normal since I just changed from one school (where I studied for five years) to another, but I’m afraid it might be like that all the time, and it would be a nightmare! I feel so lonely inside…

I try to pray, and I carry my chapelet with me at school, but I don’t feel like God is helping me…:frowning:

Thank you for your prayers. God bless you.

I’m so sorry you’re going through this difficult time. God is still with you, I assure you…even though I know how isolated you can feel sometimes, especially with a big transition. :console:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women
and Blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death
Amen.

But you know deep in your heart He always is with you. I will pray you feel Him near and that you find a friend there to help you through this transition.
Your Sister in Christ,
dtiggs

Lord please comfort Fred for familiarity and friends lost with the change of schools. Please remind him that a sad face will chase away possible friends, and that he needs to be a friend in his attitude, in order to attract and make new friendships. He has faced his grief, so please help this young man to move forward into new opportunities.
But Fred, my youngest felt rather lost when we moved and he and the good-natured tall five young men who around went and did everything together were parted…however, years later, he still sometimes links up, though thousands of miles apart.

Lord, Fred’s sorrow is understandable, but Lord, please help Fred to move forward with grace and positive attitude. Please inspire him to grow with this new opportunity and new atmosphere, knowing that life does bring changes and we need to develop the skills of adapting to new circumstances.
Lord, the truth is, we can’t just wait for things to happen for us, You have given us the potential skills and wisdom to manage ourselves and our response to difficult changes to our best advantage if we genuinely choose to. Please help Fred.

Dear Lord, I pray that Fred can join a club or activity at his school that he could enjoy, where he could make a friend or two. I understand how sad he must feel. But Lord, please let him know that once he makes a friend that will all change. If he is too shy to initiate a new friendship, I pray, Lord, that someone initiates friendship with him. Sometimes life can be very sad when good things change to bad, I know, but everything passes and you alone never change (taken from St. Teresa of Avila). Right now Fred is going through some serious pain and sadness, but I know this will all change as the school year progresses and he begins to mix with people and they, with him. Here’s a poem close to the original of St. Teresa:

Let nothing trouble you.
Let nothing frighten you.
Everything passes,
but God will never change.
Patient endurance
will obtain everything.
Whoever has God
wants for nothing at all.
God alone is enough.

May Fred get by until he makes a friend. May just knowing that you are with him and will see him through - if he perseveres and still prays - help him get by with as little sadness as possible. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.