just confused!

I am considering joining a Church, but I need to find a religion that is right for me! I have always thought that if I joined any church it would be the Catholic Church. I have always been drawn to the rosery and collect them from around the world. Do you think God may be leading me to the Catholic Church?
( My father was raised Catholic and my mother Methodist… my sister and I nothing, and I was never baptized)

Please help? Any advise is welcome!

[quote=sambar] I have always been drawn to the rosery and collect them from around the world. Do you think God may be leading me to the Catholic Church?

[/quote]

That was how my conversion started. I was raised in a nominal Christian home without much catechesis, but I always felt drawn to the Catholic Church for absolutely no reason. Never had any exposure to it as a kid, but when I started as a young adult to attend Mass and then decided to convert, I felt that I was where I truly belonged. I’ve never felt anything more right than being in the Catholic Church, even before conversion.
Unfortunately it took a while for me to intellectualize those feelings, and therefore truly own my faith, but you seem to be a step ahead of where I was when I started, as you are here now! Welcome!! :slight_smile:

PS - is Centerville near Steubenville?

The rosary will lead right to the catholic church.

So will scripture…

scripturecatholic.com

And so will history…

newadvent.com/fathers

[quote=sambar]I am considering joining a Church, but I need to find a religion that is right for me! I have always thought that if I joined any church it would be the Catholic Church. I have always been drawn to the rosery and collect them from around the world. Do you think God may be leading me to the Catholic Church?
( My father was raised Catholic and my mother Methodist… my sister and I nothing, and I was never baptized)

[/quote]

Sambar,
It looks like you are now an adult, so why not check it out and look into attending mass at your local parish? You may very well be hearing the call to Catholicism. If you decide it is what you are seeking or that you want to learn more you can try RCIA classes, they start in the fall. If you don’t mind my 2 cents worth, do it soon before your child gets any bigger. You will want to teach your child to live in the light of Christ and it will be so much easier if you start while your child is young.

[quote=sambar]I am considering joining a Church, but I need to find a religion that is right for me! I have always thought that if I joined any church it would be the Catholic Church. I have always been drawn to the rosery and collect them from around the world. Do you think God may be leading me to the Catholic Church?

[/quote]

I would say first, and i say this with the utmost respect and Love for you, that you need to stop searching for a “church that suits you”. If you want to follow Christ, Follow the Church he started. To do otherwise is to not seek Christ.

[quote=BlestOne]If you decide it is what you are seeking or that you want to learn more you can try RCIA classes, they start in the fall.
[/quote]

I know this may vary a bit in different places. But, I thought the RCIA classes started in September too. I had been looking around finding information on coming into the Catholic Church, and that’s what everyone seems to say. But, there are probably some sort of classes going on right now. Locally, there are classes every other Tuesday night that ARE part of the RCIA, but they are not built on a strict path of learning yet. In September this class will begin meeting every Tuesday, instead of every other one. And the training becomes more in-depth, and focused on specific topics. The one right now is considered the inquiry phase.

Anyway, the long explanation above is just to say - call the Church now and see if you can get in to any that are going on now, because it would be a good time to get questions answered. :slight_smile:

[quote=sambar]I am considering joining a Church, but I need to find a religion that is right for me!
[/quote]

I would suggest that the only religion that is right for anyone is the Truth.

Start listening to Catholic Radio as well, if there is one in your area. If not, go to the Ave Maria Radio Website or Relevantradio.com and you can listen over the internet. It is all talk radio and people constantly are calling in to explore their faith or clarify a position in their faith. And pray on it! I think the Rosary is leading you toward the faith. Praise God!

[/quote]

First of all, pray about it fervently. I am very happy and encouraged that you are seeking to worship Christ in any capacity. A good idea would be to research the Catholic church and others to see what jives with what you truly believe. Seek the counsel of other informed Christians also. God often works through his faithful people. If you seek Christ first, the Holy Spirit will guide you to where you will be most able to Glorify the Lord in your worship and your service. I will say a little prayer for you myself and congratulations on deciding to join the community of believers in worship!! yay!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambar
*I am considering joining a Church, but I need to find a religion that is right for me! I have always thought that if I joined any church it would be the Catholic Church. I have always been drawn to the rosery and collect them from around the world. Do you think God may be leading me to the Catholic Church?

Please help? Any advise is welcome!*

[quote=Kater30]First of all, pray about it fervently. I am very happy and encouraged that you are seeking to worship Christ in any capacity. A good idea would be to research the Catholic church and others to see what jives with what you truly believe. Seek the counsel of other informed Christians also. God often works through his faithful people. If you seek Christ first, the Holy Spirit will guide you to where you will be most able to Glorify the Lord in your worship and your service. I will say a little prayer for you myself and congratulations on deciding to join the community of believers in worship!! yay!!!
[/quote]

There is only ONE Truth. Why do people seek out a truth that fits them, instead of changing themselves to comply with the ONE Truth.

sambar,

My story of conversion is almost exactly the same as Jennifer123. However, like you, I was never baptized as a child.

Pray the rosary often, asking for help in your discernment.

I do not know where you live, but spend some time on the website of your local Catholic Diocese. Locate some parishes near you and attend some Masses. However, remember that you are currently unable to receive the Most Blessed Sacrament. Remain in the pew during Holy Communion and pray for guidance with the Act of Spiritual Communion:

My Jesus, I believe that You are in the Blessed Sacrament. I love You above all things, and I long for You in my soul. Since I cannot now receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. As though You have already come, I embrace You and unite myself entirely to You; never permit me to be separated from You.

[quote=TheGarg]Quote:
Originally Posted by sambar
I am considering joining a Church, but I need to find a religion that is right for me! I have always thought that if I joined any church it would be the Catholic Church. I have always been drawn to the rosery and collect them from around the world. Do you think God may be leading me to the Catholic Church?

There is only ONE Truth. Why do people seek out a truth that fits them, instead of changing themselves to comply with the ONE Truth.
[/quote]

I was only encouraging him to let the Spirit lead him to where he would be most useful to God’s Kingdom. I wasn’t telling him to go search until he found something that suited HIM. Abraham sought God’s will and was told to go far away from his family and everything comfortable to him. It might be the same with this gentleman, but if he seeks Christ first, he will know where he should go.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.