Just For Catholics

Has anyone else seen this Evangelical site dedicated to converting Roman Catholics? I wonder how many Catholics have gone on there and for a few confused seconds thought it was a Catholic site? They have a message board that says, “New members and former Catholics tell why they joined or left the Catholic Church.” They approve and edit all posts before putting them on the site so I don’t know if they’ll put my on but I thought some of you might like to contribute (in 500 words or less!) why we* would not* leave the Church.

justforcatholics.org/

Sure, it used to come up quite high on the Google search for Catholicism I believe. Perhaps we could, but could you let me know first if they even accept yours and don’t slant it??? The alst thing I want to do is submit and have selective quoting make me out to be open to leaving the Church. Thanks and God Bless.

There was too much information.

It took me about ten seconds to get bored with the idea of even responding to these boors. They must have huge teams of bilge spewers.

Then I thought this kind of thing deserves action stronger than words. I was thinking of getting a similar domain name and trying to intercept their traffic and lure them in – kind of like building a single mother’s home next door to an abortion clinic.

I looked up some domain names such as justforcatholics with .com, .org, .net, and .us extensions. I tried justforcatholics, just4catholics, and forcatholics. All were taken except forcatholics.us, and I’m not sure how much of their traffic we can intercept with a name that far off.

Then I also thought that might duplicate CA effort, dividing rather than combining our collective Catholic resources. I bet there are CA articles that address a whole lot of their stuff, and certainly whatever parts of it are most cliche.

Hmmm. Maybe a new website is not such a great idea. It’s like I need to get to work on the commitments I’ve already made to our home parish. Oh well, if it is God’s will, I pray I will hear what I am supposed to do about this if anything.

Alan

Hey, here are some domain names that are available:

**forlostcatholics.com** is available.                                                               	                          						     						  			 			 				 							 						 							                                             						                            		                                                                                           		                                         	                        **forlostcatholics.net** is available.                                                               	                          						     						  			 			 				 							 						 							                                             						                            		                                                                                           		                                         	                        **forlostcatholics.org** is available.                                                               	                          						     						  			 			 				 							 						 							                                             						                            		                                                                                           		                                         	                        **forlostcatholics.us** is available.                                                               	                          						     						  			 			 				 							 						 							                                             						                            		                                                                                           		                                         	                        **forcatholics.us** is available.                                                               	                          						     						  			                  			 			 				 					 						 							

Hmmmmm…

Alan

I submitted a message that can’t be pared down to look like it supports their mission so I’m sure it won’t be included, especially this part www.catholic.com! I’m sure that Catholic Answers is aware of this site but I e-mailed them anyway. They have more resources than we do alone. I like the different domain name options. If I were able to do that I would just put a link to these forums.

[quote=Eden]I submitted a message that can’t be pared down to look like it supports their mission so I’m sure it won’t be included, especially this part www.catholic.com! I’m sure that Catholic Answers is aware of this site but I e-mailed them anyway. They have more resources than we do alone. I like the different domain name options. If I were able to do that I would just put a link to these forums.
[/quote]

I discovered this site about two years ago while researching Catholic material. It is a highly disturbing and distorted site. And their connections go deep with some of the most extreme professional anti-Catholics. I guarantee they will ignore your message. Joe used to edit his guestbook messages (or add his rebuttal) if it was too pro-Catholic! This site makes me sick to my stomach. My best coarse of action at this time is to ignore it. :sleep:

[quote=Eden]I submitted a message that can’t be pared down to look like it supports their mission so I’m sure it won’t be included, especially this part www.catholic.com! I’m sure that Catholic Answers is aware of this site but I e-mailed them anyway. They have more resources than we do alone. I like the different domain name options. If I were able to do that I would just put a link to these forums.
[/quote]

It might only take a few bucks to do it. I can get a domain name for about $10 a year and run a full service website for $5 a month wholesale. I’ll find out what it would cost to just reference a domain name to these forums, and whether I’d need CA permission. Maybe I’ll start by reading the CA policy to which I agreed after once having read thoroughly and fully understood. :rolleyes:

Alan

[quote=AlanFromWichita]It might only take a few bucks to do it. I can get a domain name for about $10 a year and run a full service website for $5 a month wholesale. I’ll find out what it would cost to just reference a domain name to these forums, and whether I’d need CA permission. Maybe I’ll start by reading the CA policy to which I agreed after once having read thoroughly and fully understood. :rolleyes:

Alan
[/quote]

Thanks AlanFromWichita! I’m so glad you have a plan. I was so disturbed that I had to mention it. It makes me sick. One testimony of a woman (ex-Catholic, now Evangelical) was "Why have Silver - the Church - when you can have Gold - Jesus. They are targeting poorly catechized Catholics and its powerful.

[quote=Eden]Thanks AlanFromWichita! I’m so glad you have a plan. I was so disturbed that I had to mention it. It makes me sick. One testimony of a woman (ex-Catholic, now Evangelical) was "Why have Silver - the Church - when you can have Gold - Jesus. They are targeting poorly catechized Catholics and its powerful.
[/quote]

Yes, what they don’t realize is that they can have it all. Jesus and his bride would amount to that woman’s silver and gold.

Such narrow minds. Tsk. Tsk.

Alan

What disturbs me about this site is the trickery that seems to be involved. Pretending to be a Catholic site so that unsuspecting people wander onto your page, is blantantly dishonest. If you have faith in your beliefs then you can be above board with your goals without resorting to misrepresenting yourself to acquire converts.Their ruse seems a bit pathetic.

I think Alan has a good idea. Maybe you could include responses to the most common accusations that fundamentalists have against Catholics.

THis site is sickening…it is misleading and is full of mistruths, lies, deceptions, fallacious claims, and outlandish lies…These people are sick.

Joe Mizzi isn’t as sick as some dudes. We are beginning a series of rebuttals to him in the Catholicism/Apologia section of our website. catholicismnow.blogspot.com/2005/04/apologia.html

[quote=AlanFromWichita]It might only take a few bucks to do it. I can get a domain name for about $10 a year and run a full service website for $5 a month wholesale. I’ll find out what it would cost to just reference a domain name to these forums, and whether I’d need CA permission. Maybe I’ll start by reading the CA policy to which I agreed after once having read thoroughly and fully understood. :rolleyes:

Alan
[/quote]

That’s a great idea Alan. Please let us know what you find as I am sure there are some that would be willing to help should you need some. Thanks and God Bless.

Sometimes using the “About” or “About Us” link yields good info as it did with their site:

"Just for Catholics" is an *evangelical* and *evangelistic* work - "Evangelical" (or Protestant) because we uphold the Holy Scripture as our only infallible rule of faith, and because we believe in salvation by grace through faith in Christ alone; it's "evangelistic" because we want to share the evangel (gospel, good news) with others. It is not authored by Roman Catholics, but it is intended especially for Catholics. While acknowledging with gratitude the help from my pastor and home church, as well as scores of individual Christians worldwide, I take full responsibility for the contents of this website.

The sad part is that what makes this site so believable is that it is targeted toward Catholics who are poorly educated in their faith. The link where all those people talked about leaving the church was so slanted, and the people who posted about leaving the church immediately seemed to me like they didn’t know what this church was in the first place. Anyone who reads that and does not know their catechism like they should would easily be swayed…but I mean, every Catholic needs saving, we are just so blinded from the truth, right?:slight_smile:

Whoa! They actually printed my message in its entirety! I used my husband’s name because I use my first name here. I didn’t want to make it too obvious which one of us put the link. Here’s what it says:

“The Catholic Church is the true Church established by Jesus Christ. What the first Christians believed is still believed by the Catholic Church. No other Church can make that claim. If you are doubting your faith go to the forums at www.catholic.com and can be helped. They’ll welcome you home!”

[quote=Eden]Whoa! They actually printed my message in its entirety! I used my husband’s name because I use my first name here. I didn’t want to make it too obvious which one of us put the link. Here’s what it says:

"The Catholic Church is the true Church established by Jesus Christ. What the first Christians believed is still believed by the Catholic Church. No other Church can make that claim. If you are doubting your faith go to the forums at www.catholic.com and can be helped. They’ll welcome you home!"
[/quote]

:blessyou:

Bravo!

[quote=philipbenedict]Sometimes using the “About” or “About Us” link yields good info as it did with their site:

"Just for Catholics" is an *evangelical* and *evangelistic* work - "Evangelical" (or Protestant) because we uphold the Holy Scripture as our only infallible rule of faith, and because we believe in salvation by grace through faith in Christ alone; it's "evangelistic" because we want to share the evangel (gospel, good news) with others. It is not authored by Roman Catholics, but it is intended especially for Catholics. While acknowledging with gratitude the help from my pastor and home church, as well as scores of individual Christians worldwide, I take full responsibility for the contents of this website.

[/quote]

Why would you want to evangalize to a specific goup of people who have a fuller understanding of Christ’s Truth than you do?..seems kinda silly and arrogant to me.

ALL your beliefs are based on things other than Christ’s teachings. In the time you take to spread lies, which may or not have been made up by you, but you still profess them, why don’t you take the time to study some history, scripture, and some obvious facts like, “IF protastants are right, then why weren’t we around for 1500+ years?”…how about answering that.

Peace of the Lord be with you, and may you one day come to the Fullness of Christ’s Truth.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.