Just for Laughs on ABC

From the ABC Web site abc.go.com/primetime/justforlaughs/index:

Get set to laugh out loud as unsuspecting “victims” fall prey to hilarious hidden-camera tricks and practical jokes on ABC’s hidden-camera comedy series, Just for Laughs, premiering with back-to-back episodes, TUESDAY, JULY 17 (8:00-8:30 & 8:30-9:00 p.m., ET). The program’s regular time period will be Tuesdays from 8:30-9:00 p.m., ET. Hosted by Rick Miller, Just for Laughs is based on the Canadian series Just for Laughs Gags.

Just for Laughs is broadcast with Spanish subtitles via secondary closed captioning.

I have seen a couple of previews for this show, and they feature women dressed as religious sisters caressing a half-naked muscle man. Also, on the ABC Web site, you can view a different series of clips where a older woman dressed as a nun drops pictures of half-naked muscle men to the shock of bystanders.

I have already written ABC to tell them how insulting and offensive these gags are, and I thought some here might like to know about it so that they can do the same.

God bless.

I watched about 5 minutes of this show and decided it was mis-named. Should’ve been called “Just for Yawns”. Or “Just for Blank Stares”. or “Just Shoot Me”. or something like that. Don’t worry, this show won’t last long, even in the chum-bucket of summertime network TV.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.