Just found out I'm pregnant!

Just took my second positive test this morning. I’m still in shock! Not that this is a surprise, we were expecting it since we tossed NFP out the window last month. But it still is just a lot to take in!

This is my fourth baby and I have a history of hyperemesis (sp?). Anybody have suggestions for controlling the nausea? I’m really panicking about going through it again, I’m just begging God to let me off the hook this time around! :gopray2:

All I can do is offer sympathy. Mine was so severe that I couldn’t drive down the road without becoming violently ill. Worse yet, with my fourth the base told me that I wasn’t pregnant when I later found out that I was. My hubby and I traveled across country from FLorida to Washington State. I have never been so sick and miserable in my whole life.

Oh, how exciting! Congratulations :smiley: !!! As for the nausea, if it strikes very badly see if ‘Phenergan’ would be suitable for you, I took it with my eldest when I couldn’t even keep water down and had to be re-hydrated…it didn’t stop the nausea all together, but it did make it more tolerable! Also, slowly disolve an ice-cube in your mouth, sounds weird but worked for me :thumbsup:

Anna x

Phenergen only works when I get it through my IV in the ER. The pills only work when I’m in the mild stages of the “morning sickness”.

My sister took a drug that was used for cancer patients that worked really well, but I know it’s really expensive. I just may have to come up with the $$ for it because this has been dabilitating in the past. With my first, I missed 4 months of work and ended up in a huge financial mess. Luckily, with the other pregnancies I didn’t work.

Congratulations

Ginger tea helps for the nausea

Congratulations! A new baby ~ what a blessing!

I’m sorry I have no advice to offer on the AM sickness. That truly is miserable. I have bouts of it throughout the entire 9 months. Someone told me that the symptoms are less severe if you drink ALOT of water? Maybe this preganancy won’t be as bad for you? I hope so.

:slight_smile: Blessings,
CM

[quote=carol marie]Congratulations! A new baby ~ what a blessing!

I’m sorry I have no advice to offer on the AM sickness. That truly is miserable. I have bouts of it throughout the entire 9 months. Someone told me that the symptoms are less severe if you drink ALOT of water? Maybe this preganancy won’t be as bad for you? I hope so.

:slight_smile: Blessings,
CM
[/quote]

I’ve heard that a lot about the water. I’ve got a water bottle filled and hoping that works!

Luckily, in the past I haven’t had it through the whole PG. Usually, it’s gone by the fourth month. I don’t know what I would have done if it lasted longer than that! :eek:

Congrats on Baby!

My doctor gave me medicine for my nausea. I am sorry that I can’t remember the name offhand but I do know that it is used for cancer patients who have nausea after chemotherapy. It worked like a gem!

Promethegan is the name of the medicine.

[quote=LynnieLew]Congrats on Baby!

My doctor gave me medicine for my nausea. I am sorry that I can’t remember the name offhand but I do know that it is used for cancer patients who have nausea after chemotherapy. It worked like a gem!
[/quote]

That’s what my sister took but I’ve heard it is extremely expensive. I’ve looked on my insurance formulary and it’s not on there. I just hope we can get it worked out to get the insurance to cover it.

[quote=masondoggy]That’s what my sister took but I’ve heard it is extremely expensive. I’ve looked on my insurance formulary and it’s not on there. I just hope we can get it worked out to get the insurance to cover it.
[/quote]

My insurance is not the best, I will tell you that but they did cover a bunch of it. It was expensive, I think it ended up being around $40.

[quote=LynnieLew]My insurance is not the best, I will tell you that but they did cover a bunch of it. It was expensive, I think it ended up being around $40.
[/quote]

Was the $40 your co-pay, or the total cost of the drug?

I could handle $40 if I had to…it sure beats the $100 ER co-pay I’d have to pay!

[quote=masondoggy]Was the $40 your co-pay, or the total cost of the drug?

I could handle $40 if I had to…it sure beats the $100 ER co-pay I’d have to pay!
[/quote]

$40 was the co-pay.

[quote=LynnieLew]$40 was the co-pay.
[/quote]

YIKES! I wonder what the full price is? :eek:

Drugstore.com sells 1 box of 12 25mg suppositories for $50.99 or 3 boxes for $139.99.

1 box of 12 50mg goes for $48.99 or 3 for $139.98.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.