Just had our marriage convalidated

I just wanted to share some good news: my wife and I had our marriage convalidated today. It was a simple ceremony but we are so happy. For the first time in over a year, I was able to go to Confession and receive the Eucharist.

Please keep us in your prayers!

Rejoice! I’m so happy for you and will keep you both in our prayers.
Mary.

Damooster,
Congratulations!

I’ve been preparing couples just like you two for this blessed event for 4 years now and I know the feelings you are going through.

Count on my prayers.

Joe

WONDERFUL NEWS - CONGRATULATIONS…
I know the feeling having had ours convalidated in 2007.

Peace
James

That is so great! Husband and I had ours convalidated on my birthday in February in preparation for my journey into the Church at the Easter Vigil in March. It’s the anniversary we will forever celebrate. :dancing:

Congratulations damooster! We had our marriage convalidated 3 weeks ago. I went to confession and then took communion for the first time in 16 years. You are right, it is such a happy feeling to know one has made things right. :slight_smile:

Wonderful. I remember who happy I was when our marriage was convalidated. God Bless.

My husband and I are having our marriage convalidated in just over a week. Can I ask what exactly is involved. I would like to know what to expect before we arrive.

Thank You

Congratulations! May God bless you both!

Congratulations!

Congratulations! :slight_smile:

:blessyou:

It is essentially a Catholic wedding outside of the Mass. Father read the prayers, readings, etc. from the Rite of Marriage book, gave a short homily, then we stood in front of the altar and exchanged our vows. After a final prayer and blessing we were done. Took about 20 minutes total. And we simply had two witnesses, Father, and the two of us. Easy peasy.

It can also be “in a Mass.”

We chose our readings from the Rite of Marriage booklet that the priest gave us.

And we had guests. Yes, multiple guests. I think it was about 12 or so, maybe.

I wore my wedding dress from my first wedding. :stuck_out_tongue: My husband wore a suit. And our son, was a reader.

We had a small reception at our house after the ceremony. :thumbsup:

My wife and I showed up for Confession at 9:30 AM. Afterward, we had the Rite of Marriage at the front of the church. It was very simple; when it came time for the vows, Father showed us what to read. Then he asked for the wedding rings and again showed us what to read. As HoosMommie mentioned, it took about 15 minutes. Don’t worry, your priest will guide you through the rite.

You’re right, Maryjk, I failed to mention that LOL. It can be as simple or as elaborate as you want it to be. No matter which direction you take, it is so beautiful.

Awesome news , congratulations !

Woohoo! Congratulations!

We just got our marriage convalidated a week ago. It has been a four year wait! I am so happy. It was awesome and I know we received many graces. :smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.