Just Married (Well, last month actually)!

Thought I’d share one of the informal pictures from our wedding. This is right before the reception.

http://myspace-372.vo.llnwd.net/00621/27/37/621547372_l.jpg

[quote=wabrams]Thought I’d share one of the informal pictures from our wedding. This is right before the reception.

http://myspace-372.vo.llnwd.net/00621/27/37/621547372_l.jpg
[/quote]

Stunning bride and you’re looking pretty happy yourself.
Congrats.

[quote=jrabs]Stunning bride and you’re looking pretty happy yourself.
Congrats.
[/quote]

Well thank you! :smiley:

May God truly bless you both with your hearts desire.

Congratulations!
It took you a month to get back to the forums? hehe

What a sweet couple you make! God grant you a long and happy life together. :love:

[quote=I<3Whiteyacht]Congratulations!
It took you a month to get back to the forums? hehe
[/quote]

:rotfl:
No, just a month to get around to posting it.

Congratulations! You make a sweet couple.

Gearoidin

Whew!!! Whatta lucky woman she is! Hotty McHotstuff! :smiley:

Congratulations!

You make a very attractive couple. I predict your ten children will be very good looking! :wink:

Congratulations and best wishes for a blessed life together.

Congratulations! May the Lord bless you both!

Beautiful!

Congratulations!

All the best for a Holy, Happy Wedded life together.

Congratulations!

Congratulations!! You make a beautiful couple. Thank you for sharing your Joy with all of us. :blessyou:

If you don’t mind me asking, what tipped the scales for you as far as knowing that you wanted to propose? I’ve been wrestling with that question for a little while now, and through struggles largely of my own making, I’ve come to realize a thing or two about the discernment process. Still, I’d love to hear from a guy who recently took the plunge–how long was it between the time you started dating and the proposal? Did you “just know?”

Thank you all for your kind replies!

:blessyou:

[quote=montanaman]If you don’t mind me asking, what tipped the scales for you as far as knowing that you wanted to propose? I’ve been wrestling with that question for a little while now, and through struggles largely of my own making, I’ve come to realize a thing or two about the discernment process. Still, I’d love to hear from a guy who recently took the plunge–how long was it between the time you started dating and the proposal? Did you “just know?”
[/quote]

I met her in mid-April of 2004 while she was a grad student here in Columbia. When she graduated in May, she moved back to Dallas. I knew within a month or two of that, and by that November we were engaged. She moved back here last June and we married on March 11th. Several times in-between her moving back and 4 weeks before the wedding we almost broke everything off. What I learned is this: when you know you know, hopefully the first time (she was the 2nd girl I got engaged too); no woman is going to be perfect and baggage free, they’ve all got it and so do us men! Trust in God, he will give you signs (not billboards, but subtle ones). The last time we almost broke it off our Deacon pointed out something: The only reason I’m in RCIA is because I met her, she never pressured me to do (when we got engaged it was understood I would stay Methodists), the only reason I even set foot into a Catholic church was because of her.

I know that is a lot of rambling, but I hope it helps. If not, feel free to PM me with more specific questions.

[quote=wabrams]I met her in mid-April of 2004 while she was a grad student here in Columbia. When she graduated in May, she moved back to Dallas. I knew within a month or two of that, and by that November we were engaged. She moved back here last June and we married on March 11th. Several times in-between her moving back and 4 weeks before the wedding we almost broke everything off. What I learned is this: when you know you know, hopefully the first time (she was the 2nd girl I got engaged too); no woman is going to be perfect and baggage free, they’ve all got it and so do us men! Trust in God, he will give you signs (not billboards, but subtle ones). The last time we almost broke it off our Deacon pointed out something: The only reason I’m in RCIA is because I met her, she never pressured me to do (when we got engaged it was understood I would stay Methodists), the only reason I even set foot into a Catholic church was because of her.

I know that is a lot of rambling, but I hope it helps. If not, feel free to PM me with more specific questions.
[/quote]

Thanks much. That is helpful, though it still doesn’t give me that 1000% certainty I’m looking for. :wink: Still, I appreciate advice from our soldiers in the Brotherhood who’ve willingly thrown themselves on the matrimony grenade.

God bless you both and your marriage too. My advice (married 6 months here) is to start from the beginning and pray together. It is truly an awesome experience!!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.