Just need some encouragement

Hello all,

I have asked so much of you, and I cannot pay you back, but I must ask another question.

Could you guys just try and help me calm down before Confession?

I’m going tomorrow (hopefully). I haven’t gone since 8th grade; I’m now a sophomore in high school. I’m really nervous.

All I need is some encouragement.

Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

P.S. Is there anyway I can pay you guys back? I feel like I’ve asked for too much advice, but I can’t pay you back. Any ideas?

Young brother,

Before you enter the confessional think of Christ’s saving blood falling upon the ground at His crucifixion. The priest’s hands, as he gives you absolution is not his own but Our Lord’s.

I will pray a Hail Mary for you, and you can “pay” me back by doing the same.

God bless you

You got it! I usually say a Hail Mary anyway, but I’ll offer it up for you tonight. :thumbsup:

You will be in my prayers!!!

Don’t be afraid to give it all to God!!!

In Carmel,

Br. Allen

Does it also help to know someone way across in Brisbane Australia is also praying for you!!! :slight_smile:

It does, thank you! :smiley: :slight_smile: :thumbsup:

I get a little nervous before confession, too :o …a priest picked up on it once and told me to focus on Christ’s love and mercy. It really helped! The idea of confession can be a little scary, but afterwards, I always feel lighter and at peace.

You’ll be in my prayers! Two final thoughts:
Cast all your anxieties on him, for he cares about you.
-1 Peter 5:7

Be cheerful. Jesus will take care of everything. :slight_smile:
-Padre Pio

Here is part of Psalm 16 that helps me immensely:

I keep the LORD always before me; with the Lord at my right, I shall never be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad, my soul rejoices; my body also dwells secure,
5 For you will not abandon me to Sheol, nor let your faithful servant see the pit.
You will show me the path to life, abounding joy in your presence, the delights at your right hand forever.

The more you take advantage of the sacrament of confession the more you realize the benefits of the sacrament.

The best way to honor someone who has been of help to you or a strong role model is to lead a just life and to be a good role model for future generations.

God bless

I am so excited for you! You are about to be filled again with such GRACE from GOD! A little over a year ago I started going to confession again after a 12 year break. I made my first confession then nothing till I was 25. Let me tell you, there is a lot of stuff that can go on in a young mans life to make going to confession seem dreadful. Oh and don’t worry, Jesus was CRUCIFIED for you…that’s the hard part…all you have to do is fess up. We build up confession so much in our heads its like we think the priest will faint at hearing how “aweful” we are. He has heard it all before and it will be over before you know it! God Bless!:thumbsup:

I’m probably too late but I do hope you made your confession okay!! It can be a nervous experience even for folks like me who have being going for decades, sometimes every week. I combat the nerves with prayer and the sure knowledge that once I kneel and make the sign of the cross I am now facing Jesus and telling Him how I have offended Him and how sorry I am. I love confession, even when I’m nervous and scared of it. The thought of Christ’s Precious Blood pouring over my mind, soul and heart when the words of absolution are spoken uplifts my spirit and I feel joyful. It’s the second best part of my week! (the best part being Holy Communion :slight_smile: )

God bless you brother and once you get through the first one, keep going every week!!

Simon

I actually did not go.

I didn’t chicken out (thankfully :slight_smile: ) but the priest was sick :frowning: . I even went to the school chapel, but I saw the sign:
“Confessions will not be heard today. Father is sick”. Bummer.
Father’s next visit will be NEXT Monday. So I have to wait. Oh well. I’ll be sure to go whenever he comes.

Thank you to all for all the prayers and support. I could feel it. I’m going next week for sure. :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.