Just need to get through the night

Dear friends, please pray that I’ll be relaxed enough to get some sleep tonight. The panic/depression issues that I’ve been dealing with have intensified to a constant barrage. I have an appointment with my doctor, but I’m not sure I can hold out until then without serious prayer and divine assistance. I feel like I am truly unraveling, and I am terrified that something more serious may be behind these symptoms. It’s astounding that I’m even typing this, really. There are moments when it seems like lucidity escapes me. Pray for a miracle.

I’m praying the rosary for you.

Our dear friend, have you had a thorough checkup to rule out any physical cause? Jesus, grant that our friend will decide for a thouough check-up. Jesus please help in every way You can.

I will pray for you and keep you in my prayers, Trishie. A hug

I will pray that God will be with you and that you do not lose hope. Please remember that you are not alone and that God is always listening. I pray that you will get some rest and that the doctor will be guided by God to help heal you. God Bless.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Be assured of prayers for you and your health-related intentions.

Catholic Nerd . I will pray that you will have a restful sleep.Please put your trust in God. Say your rosary in bed tonight.
grandma glor

+JMJTJ+

You will be in my prayers for your strength, healing, and peace.

*Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

Praying for you. I hope you feel comforted knowing that we’re here looking out for you. Rest assured that you are in God’s Hands. :slight_smile:

Praying for you.

Catholic:

How did you do last night? Prayers will get you through all of this. Please hold on to hope!

Praying very hard for you!

Well, I got a solid three hours of sleep. Which is better than not getting any sleep at all, I guess! Thank you for your prayers. I definitely have a renewed sense of hope that my doctor will be able to figure out what this is.

Praying very hard to St. Dymphna for you!

Thanks again for your prayers. I am pretty doggone tired right now and am hoping to be able to get to sleep a bit earlier tonight. My attempts at napping this afternoon failed miserably. :hypno: I’ll keep you posted about what the doctor finds out.

Prayers promised

I’m praying all goes well with the doctor!

I’m still waiting to hear from the doctor. It was a busy day for him, I guess, and it may be just as well, because I feel somewhat ok at the moment and might be in a decent position to talk with him. I do have a terrible fear that this is some kind of rapidly progressive dementia and that I’m going to die panicky and confused, unable to know God.

I pray that I have already confessed the secrets of my heart fully, just in case I am unable to do so in the future. If there’s anything left to confess that my stubbornness has concealed I can’t remember it, so pray that I’ll have the grace to remember it before this gets any worse.

I love you all.

From today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Lord God, King of heaven and earth, guide and sanctify, rule and govern our hearts and our bodies, our feelings, words and actions, according to your law and following your commandments.
With your help, in this world and the next,
may we deserve to receive freedom and salvation.

Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
God for ever and ever.
Amen.

+JMJTJ+

You remain in my prayers.
Try to stay positive and relaxed.
Many times anxiety worsens our mental state, as will fatigue from lack of sleep.
***I pray the Doc can counsel and treat you, and you will soon be your old self :slight_smile: ***
Keep the faith!

Thank you. I hope so, too. I took my wife out to see a movie tonight, and it did actually provide a gentle lift. If nothing else, I pray that we’ll have moments of levity in all of this. My doctor’s prescribed something to help me sleep and to quell the attacks until I can see him on Friday to rule out an organic cause. Thank you for your prayers.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.