Just one little detail

It is spring and I found some sugar ants (these are very tiny ants) in my kitchen and bathroom. So it is time to fumigate. That means putting some things under cover, doing some other prep work. It also means getting my elderly and blind mother’s room prepared which takes a bit of effort.

The go around the house, determine how many fumigation cans I need and where to put them.

Today was the day. I went through the checklist and made sure that preparations and precautions were complete. I collected my Mom and, with a bit of difficulty, my cat put them in the car. Then, went through the house as quickly as I could setting off the fumigation devices, lock the door and left to take a drive for three house.

Only I forgot one detail.

I did not notify my alarm company. :doh2:

About 15 minutes later, I get a call on my cell phone. “Hello. Is this Mr. ? This is Cody with the Fire Department,” the caller said. It is not this man’s fault that those can be some of the most frightening words a person can hear. It took a moment, but I realized what I had failed to do.

:blush:

At least it was good entertainment for the neighbors.

lol:rotfl:

It could be worse. He could have gone on to explain that they saw the smoke and had to smash through your door to investigate! Or... he could have been calling to say your devices somehow started a real fire.

[quote="rpp, post:1, topic:193366"]
I collected my Mom and, with a bit of difficulty, my cat put them in the car.

[/quote]

Your CAT put your mom in the car? You really trained that cat well!

[quote="Norseman82, post:4, topic:193366"]
Your CAT put your mom in the car? You really trained that cat well!

[/quote]

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yet another little detail.

it is amazing how forgetting just one little comma and a word, ", and", can make a huge difference! :)

the ants tripped the alarm? whoa you really do have a major infestation

Too bee cleer, the clouds of mist from the fumigation spray set off the alarm.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.