Just which of us worship idols

I was doing a bit of web surfing the other day and came across this web site
cuttingedge.org/news/n1334.cfm
It’s very anti catholic to say the least. But one part made me chuckle with the blantant irony.

[left]Then, if that were not enough damage done to the finished, once-for-all sacrifice on the cross, I would create a symbol that would keep Jesus on the cross permanently. This symbol could hang on the walls in people’s homes and in their offices, and hang in their cars, constantly keeping Jesus Christ on the Cross where I wanted Him to be, not at the Father’s Right Hand in Glory.
Now that I have kept Jesus on the Cross, both in the Mass and on the Crucifix, do you have any idea what kind of spiritual victory I have achieved? I have just prevented Salvation from being possible , for anyone who practiced the Mass and revered the Crucifix! This is impossible, you say? Listen to the writer to the Hebrews, speaking under the authority of the Holy Spirit. “If they then deviate from the faith … it is impossible to bring them back to repentance … as long as they nail up on the cross the Son of God afresh … and are holding Him up to contempt and shame and public disgrace.” [Parallel Bible, KJV/Amplified Bible Commentary]***************************************
Now This statment or paragraphs made me wonder. Just how much significance does this person place on symbols i.e crucifix’s etc.? And he has the hide to calls use idol worshippers.[/left]

I checked out the web site. I could not decide if it was funny or sad. Seems like he thinks God can be controled by the actions of human beings. Personaly I tend to ignore folks like that. Reminds me of the ranting street preachers I’ve seen across from my window seat at my favorite pub :slight_smile:

Umm, is it just me or did he, like, totally not prove that JPII or Paul VI were Black Magick Satanists? I was waitin’ for the proof and it never came. Also, when he was saying, “If i were the devil, i’d then tell people they had to do things like attend Holy Days, do good works, participate in Sacraments and even endure suffering,” it made me think. If i were Satan, i’d do exactly the opposite. It also occurred to me that these anti-Catholics are in desperate need of our prayers because when the antichrist does come, they will willingly go to his side because he will come out against the Catholic Church, and that will be all the proof they need. If they weren’t anti-Catholic, they’d have a chance at objectivity, but when the enemy of your enemy is your friend, it just doesn’t bode well. :frowning:

So we worship Crucifixs too? Good God on high. How many things are we going to worship before we learn? :bowdown: I guess we shuldn’t pick up our "cross"es after all. Jesus’ bad. :hmmm: Though the website also taught me what we actually thought about John Paul II.

Too many Catholics today are considering Pope John Paul II as an “Anti-Pope”, having stolen the Vatican from the Beloved Historic True Church.

Yep, before JP II we were 100% right as the “Beloved Hisroic True Church” then JP II did in 2 decades what 270 people couldn’t do before him, Change it from the church of Christ into the Church of satan. And the funny thing is we never noticed. :rotfl:

I recall we are supposed to preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to jews and foolishness to gentiles.

ooo…kay…

The whole Catholicism = Pagan Christianity in disguise makes me laugh and pray for those who hold these beliefs… sigh

[quote=silverwings_88]ooo…kay…

The whole Catholicism = Pagan Christianity in disguise makes me laugh and pray for those who hold these beliefs… sigh
[/quote]

I agree, My aunt draged me once to her adventist church and one of the elders did a sermon saying that because Catholicism beleived in the real preceance that we were pagen, and hence proving that the Catholic Church was the Anti-Christ. After the intiel shock of such a lengthy on about this (an hour) I was laughing all week about it.

QUOTE=misterX]I was doing a bit of web surfing the other day and came across this web site
cuttingedge.org/news/n1334.cfm
It’s very anti catholic to say the least. But one part made me chuckle with the blantant irony.

[left]Then, if that were not enough damage done to the finished, once-for-all sacrifice on the cross, I would create a symbol that would keep Jesus on the cross permanently. This symbol could hang on the walls in people’s homes and in their offices, and hang in their cars, constantly keeping Jesus Christ on the Cross where I wanted Him to be, not at the Father’s Right Hand in Glory.
Now that I have kept Jesus on the Cross, both in the Mass and on the Crucifix, do you have any idea what kind of spiritual victory I have achieved? I have just prevented Salvation from being possible , for anyone who practiced the Mass and revered the Crucifix! This is impossible, you say? Listen to the writer to the Hebrews, speaking under the authority of the Holy Spirit. “If they then deviate from the faith … it is impossible to bring them back to repentance … as long as they nail up on the cross the Son of God afresh … and are holding Him up to contempt and shame and public disgrace.” [Parallel Bible, KJV/Amplified Bible Commentary]***************************************
Now This statment or paragraphs made me wonder. Just how much significance does this person place on symbols i.e crucifix’s etc.? And he has the hide to calls use idol worshippers.[/left]

Hi All
I’m not Catholic and it made me laugh.
thanks

Hi All
I’m not Catholic and it made me laugh.
thanks

I agree - I am converting - but even before - some of the anti-Catholic stuff I’ve heard on here is so bad its quite funny if it wasn’t that they take it so seriously and mean it in such a hateful manner - but sometimes I wonder where in the world you find these people, having grown up in several different protestant churches around the country and never hearing ANY of the anti-Catholic sentiments so often mentioned on here… I count myself lucky, that I do…

When I read such things, this image always comes to mind :rolleyes:

http://hometown.aol.com/dpinstitut/images/them_catherlics.jpg

Before I first posted here I emailed them about the lies and rediculous statements:nope: I got way to mad the guy (Everette) was so ugly and another member of my parish took over the “debate” in reality a vicious attack. So just warning you if you try to correct, it will not be pleasant.:eek: :nope:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.