Justifying a sin makes confession invalid?

I went to confession the other day and said i attended a bachelors party in which i was asked to contribute money for a prostitute. I gave the money, i confessed that but said that i did because everyone was doing it, i said: "i don't want to justify that, i could have denied the money", but added: "it was difficult though"
All this justification was pretty unconscious. I just was in the mood to add unnecesary information.
Does this invalidate the confession?
Thanks in advance
And sorry for my English. Im not native speaker.

I don't see how this "invalidates" a confession. What would have "invalidated" it is if you weren't sorry for the sin and didn't avow to avoid the sin in the future.

This merely provided a clearer picture to the Priest. It didn't diminish your "guilt".

[quote="gfvh, post:1, topic:314045"]
I went to confession the other day and said i attended a bachelors party in which i was asked to contribute money for a prostitute. I gave the money, i confessed that but said that i did because everyone was doing it, i said: "i don't want to justify that, i could have denied the money", but added: "it was difficult though"
All this justification was pretty unconscious. I just was in the mood to add unnecesary information.
Does this invalidate the confession?
Thanks in advance
And sorry for my English. Im not native speaker.

[/quote]

You explained to the priest that you caved into peer pressure rather than actually wanting to contribute money for a prostitute. You clarified the manner of the sin to your priest. There are no problems with that. :)

Thaks for the replies. I’ve been very scrupulous lately. Having not confessed in a long while. I repeat my confessions over again :slight_smile:

The fact the the priest gave you absolution is a fair indication that your additional information did not invalidate your confession.

Saying it was difficult does not affect anything. It’s good you went to confession!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.