Justin Bieber Says He's Pro-Life on Abortion, Wait for Sex

Washington, DC -- Though his views on political matters don't matter much to national public policy, a Justin Bieber opinion on a hot topic like abortion could make waves for the millions and millions of adorning fans he has worldwide.

lifenews.com/2011/02/16/justin-bieber-says-hes-pro-life-on-abortion-wait-for-sex/

I hate to be cynical about it, but his entire image is marketed as being a family-friendly, cute kid. Of course he's going to say this. The proof will be what happens when he hits puberty.

Although I have to say kudos to him for having this opinion if it truly is his own. I don't think he would be a good role-model though.

Bieber really does seem to be talented. Not that I can stand any of his music, but I look forward to him growing up and making something worth listening to. As for his political and religious views, only time will tell if they’re legitimately held, or merely manufactured.

That doesn't make up for his terrible music, which listening to is a mortal sin, much less producing it! ;)

[quote="LemonAndLime, post:2, topic:229375"]
I hate to be cynical about it, but his entire image is marketed as being a family-friendly, cute kid. Of course he's going to say this. The proof will be what happens when he hits puberty.

Although I have to say kudos to him for having this opinion if it truly is his own. I don't think he would be a good role-model though.

[/quote]

I clicked on the article expecting to be excited, but I was somewhat let down. On the abortion issue, he soft-peddles the issue when it comes to the cases of rape and incest. And for the chastity issue, he only encourages teens to wait until they're "in love".

Like you, I hate to be cynical, but those are the types of "in between" views many of my Catholic high school friends had when they were 16 before they grew older and rejected Catholic teaching outright.

I pray that Bieber is able to grow more firm in his moral resolve as he grows older. With all the fame and fortune, he's got a lot stacked against him.

[quote="LemonAndLime, post:2, topic:229375"]

[/quote]

He is a Christian, he is not saying it just for the sake of saying it. I don't think anybody should be looking up to celebrities as a role model, but I think he is quite positive. He's not out at parties getting drunk, he has worked hard, he busked on the street before he was found etc.

[quote="Joe_5859, post:5, topic:229375"]
I clicked on the article expecting to be excited, but I was somewhat let down. On the abortion issue, he soft-peddles the issue when it comes to the cases of rape and incest. And for the chastity issue, he only encourages teens to wait until they're "in love".

Like you, I hate to be cynical, but those are the types of "in between" views many of my Catholic high school friends had when they were 16 before they grew older and rejected Catholic teaching outright.

I pray that Bieber is able to grow more firm in his moral resolve as he grows older. With all the fame and fortune, he's got a lot stacked against him.

[/quote]

A couple of times he has said he wants to wait till marriage though:

youtube.com/watch?v=ECnrjFwLFlU

youtube.com/watch?v=UQDoMmXsnHk&feature=related

Age 16 I supported Barack Obama, that was a huge mistake, and I have grown in my faith since then. Hopefully Justin Bieber's faith will grow and he will be firmer on the issue of sex before marriage and abortion. I am a Justin Bieber fan.

Wasn't it B.(so many spellings!) Spears who claimed virginity and waiting till marriage..............until Justin Timberlake outed her as his bed mate?
Whatever.............
At least Brit had the kids after marriage to K-Fed though instead of aborting them.
I try to look for the positives.

[quote="Abyssinia, post:7, topic:229375"]
A couple of times he has said he wants to wait till marriage though:

youtube.com/watch?v=ECnrjFwLFlU

youtube.com/watch?v=UQDoMmXsnHk&feature=related

Age 16 I supported Barack Obama, that was a huge mistake, and I have grown in my faith since then. Hopefully Justin Bieber's faith will grow and he will be firmer on the issue of sex before marriage and abortion. I am a Justin Bieber fan.

[/quote]

That's great and I hope he sticks to that. :thumbsup: Fame and fortune are huge crosses IMO. I can only imagine how difficult it would be to pursue holiness when anything and everything you could ever desire is at your fingertips. Pray for him now that he can persevere!

[quote="juliee, post:1, topic:229375"]

Washington, DC -- Though his views on political matters don't matter much to national public policy, a Justin Bieber opinion on a hot topic like abortion could make waves for the millions and millions of adorning fans he has worldwide.

lifenews.com/2011/02/16/justin-bieber-says-hes-pro-life-on-abortion-wait-for-sex/

[/quote]

well kudos to him....now whenever someone mentions his name I will nod my head in agreement

[quote="Abyssinia, post:6, topic:229375"]
He is a Christian, he is not saying it just for the sake of saying it. I don't think anybody should be looking up to celebrities as a role model, but I think he is quite positive. He's not out at parties getting drunk, he has worked hard, he busked on the street before he was found etc.

[/quote]

I think saying such things suits his image. He's not old enough to be getting drunk over in America anyway. He's mass-marketed and every song I've heard of his has auto-tune written all over it. I would hesitate to be so optimistic about what he's saying, not every Christian believes what they say, has the views of other Christians, or acts on their beliefs.

Besides, who cares?! He's 16, far too young to be asked such questions and expected to give an opinion he has weighed up on his own. When I was that age, I couldn't make my mind up. But I suppose, Bieber has people to do that for him.

Here's what Bieber said, quoted directly from the source:

"I don't think you should have sex with anyone unless you love them," Bieber says. When asked if he believes in abstinence until marriage, Bieber – who is reportedly dating fellow teen star Selena Gomez – seems wary: "I think you should just wait for the person you're...in love with."
Source: rollingstone.com/music/news/justin-bieber-talks-sex-politics-music-and-puberty-in-new-rolling-stone-cover-story-20110216

Of course, the Jonas Brothers (remember them?) said practically the same thing.

[quote="LemonAndLime, post:11, topic:229375"]
I think saying such things suits his image. He's not old enough to be getting drunk over in America anyway. He's mass-marketed and every song I've heard of his has auto-tune written all over it. I would hesitate to be so optimistic about what he's saying, not every Christian believes what they say, has the views of other Christians, or acts on their beliefs.

Besides, who cares?! He's 16, far too young to be asked such questions and expected to give an opinion he has weighed up on his own. When I was that age, I couldn't make my mind up. But I suppose, Bieber has people to do that for him.

[/quote]

I think he is old enough to make up his own mind about what he believes. I like Justin Bieber's music.

I think saying such things suits his image. He's not old enough to be getting drunk over in America anyway. He's mass-marketed and every song I've heard of his has auto-tune written all over it.

[/quote]

Every song might be an exaggeration: the acoustic version of "One Less Lonely Girl" (all over YouTube) is a pretty decent song. And apparently, easy to play on guitar: only two chords, E and Asus2. It's just too bad he's already "mass-marketed" out the wazoo with dance routines replacing actual music.

[quote="havana1, post:12, topic:229375"]
Here's what Bieber said, quoted directly from the source:

"I don't think you should have sex with anyone unless you love them," Bieber says. When asked if he believes in abstinence until marriage, Bieber – who is reportedly dating fellow teen star Selena Gomez – seems wary: "I think you should just wait for the person you're...in love with."
Source: rollingstone.com/music/news/justin-bieber-talks-sex-politics-music-and-puberty-in-new-rolling-stone-cover-story-20110216

Of course, the Jonas Brothers (remember them?) said practically the same thing.

[/quote]

Kevin got married, who is to say Nick and Joe still don't wear their purity rings?

I do not think Selena Gomez is dating Justin Bieber, she said they are just friends:

digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a303887/selena-gomez-i-love-justin-bieber.html

Justin Bieber makes music? When did this astounding change start.

[/quote]

Agreed. Call me a cynical bugger also but it sounds like the kind of cuddly guff his PR people would advise him to come out with. It's so indefinite it could mean anything and can't really be seen to offend anyone too much.

[quote="JharekCarnelian, post:16, topic:229375"]
Justin Bieber makes music? When did this astounding change start.

[/quote]

I like 'One time, 'One less lonely girl,' 'Pray' and 'Never let you go.'

Yes, of cooouuuuurse he does. Just like how Miley Cyrus is a good christian girl, who wears a promise ring. :shrug:

It’s aaaaall about image. Image, and saying things like that so that they can get away with being marketed as sex appeal to young children.

My how cynical you are Sun…but correct.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.