JW International Convention Seattle 7/4/14

JW’s in Seattle attending their International Convention at the University of Washington football stadium 4th of July weekend. They have opened it up to anybody to attend.

PRAY FOR THEM!

My cousins and uncle are there now. I am sure they are praying for us. :stuck_out_tongue:

My devout Baptist friend invited me to join her friends to study and reflect on Psalm 92. One was a former Jehovah Witness.

Anyway, I was last to ID myself, and when they found out I was Catholic, that was it. We never met again. My friend told them she was anointed in the Holy Spirit by a priest. Anyway, never saw them again. I really liked the book and continue to pray that psalm.

Lord have mercy on the Jehovah’s Witness’s in attendance at this event, and all JW worldwide,

bring them to a True Faith and Knowledge of who Your Son really is, show them the error in their false doctrines and enlighten them from the darkness of heresy into the glorious Light of the Gospel,

have mercy on us all,

Father, Son and Spirit,

Amen

Thank you, Jason.

On threads in public that focus on Catholics, there are many anti Catholics coming out saying terrible things about us and when we try to defend ourselves, it ends up being an abuse contest and the latest I got was filth directed to me. I flagged it but don’t intend to go back. I was defending our faith in context to Satanism and one fellow said how sad it is that these other Christians are joining the Satanists.

Always remember the Words of Jesus as recorded in the Gospel of John, chapter 15, verses 18 - 21:
18 “If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. 20 Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you; if they kept my word, they will keep yours also. 21 But all this they will do to you on my account, because they do not know him who sent me.

And don’t forget the admonishment given previously in verse 17: This I command you, to love one another.

God bless

Thank you for trying. I avoid most any forum like that now as well. All I post on Facebook are cat pictures! The opposition is very well organized and they love to gang up on us. Anywhere else they’d call it “bullying” which they’re always against, unless of course it’s them doing the bullying and then it’s OK! :eek: One of the reasons I think Catholicism is correct and true is because of how much the secular world hates it. Pray for those folks that they might one day see the truth and the light…

I answered a woman who told me why she left.

I told her I was very sorry for her experience but it is not like that everywhere, and the past 40 years have been very hard in the Church. Likewise I shared with her our beliefs.

Later this guy came back and told her how much he sympathized with her for me rebuking her. Before that he was challenging me and acting like he was wanting to know some things…

They are very abusive people and you have to picture these people in how they are living in real life. They could very well be a minority of people who don’t get along with other people very well either.

The J/W’s and all the rest…it is best to avoid them. They will definitely make themselves known to us irregardless…a real cross. But we have to keep going forward in the Lord most manifest to us at Mass. When I went to Mass last night after this experience this past week with these people, I looked up at the cross and it was like the Lord lifted me up and to work to just keep focused on Him and follow Him in this life.

God bless!

As a practising JW I’m sorry if any other JW spoke harshly with you.

We have strict doctrines which in some people make them think that everyone who does not follow them are enemies.

Personally I’m grateful to be able to read about various beliefs and reasons from the persons themselves, so as not to be given biased or erroneous viewpoints.

I live in Seattle. Two JW men came into the store that I work in, in the evening. I could tell by their badges that they’d attended the convention. They asked me about where products were that they were looking for. They were very kind and polite, and were wearing suits. It’s so nice to see men wear suits, which isn’t done so much anymore (except in the business world). Also, my best friend when I was growing up in CA was JW. She and her family were very kind to me. I certainly don’t agree with their theology, but they seem to be nice folks, for the most part.

Thanks, Redle.

That is what I ended up sharing with this awful group. I questioned what they were like in real life.

One of them categorically damned so many practices of our faith, like ‘damn purgatory!’…etc. Some of them apologized, but then turned around and invalidated anything I was sharing and it showed me they were not very well educated.

I just listened to a Catholic evangelist who is a former Protestant minister who has degrees from a school of divinity, well educated. But what he found in regards to those who believe they are saved, always saved is so much corruption in their lives because they don’t think they have to do anything anymore to become better. And their sects do not educate them in becoming better.

Some said they were Baptists, but there are many Baptists who do not get off like these people do. So I even wondered if they even were from a certain geographical area of our country.

Thanks, Redle for your kind words.

Hi redle and welcome to CAF. Can you elaborate as to what the official status is of those who do not follow your doctrines?

Peace!!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.