JW's and 1 Timothy 6

I just came across an interesting passage in one of St Paul’s Epistles, and I quote from the Jehovah’s Witness translation:(NWT) 13 In the sight of God, who preserves all things alive, and of Christ Jesus, who as a witness made the fine public declaration before Pontius Pilate, I give you orders 14 that you observe the commandment in a spotless and irreprehensible way until the manifestation of our Lord Jesus Christ.

15 This [manifestation] the happy and only Potentate will show in its own appointed times, [he] the King of those who rule as kings and Lord of those who rule as lords, 16 the one alone having immortality, who dwells in unapproachable light, whom not one of men has seen or can see. To him be honor and might everlasting. Amen.
What is interesting about this is verses 15-16. The question is are these verses describing Jesus or God the Father?

If it is describing Jesus then I would say what does “who dwells in unapproachable light whom not one men has seen or can see” mean? If it is talking about God the Father, then why is Jesus also called King of Kings and Lord of Lords?

Jesus IS God in human form, so isn’t it the same??

Yes, and that appears to be the only way to interpret this passage.

They would try to divide the text up saying this part is about the father, and that part is about the Son. They use some very creative mental gymastics to get around texts like this.

closed #5

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.